DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you retreive the codes from a 1996 Intrepid 3.3L, I have a check engine light and need to know what it is.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, wish me luck. I also heard that Dodge is notorious for planting little mileage reminders for us, I just turn over 70,000 Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the code it was "21" Oxygen Sensor, then I had a fried use a scan tool and came up with Bad Sensor "Bank 2 Sensor 1" which sensor is this. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Usually Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the O2 sensor that is on the 2-4-6 bank and is before the catalytic converter. This is general rule of thumb but of course there are always exceptions. I would do it while the engine is warm but, not too hot. A little anti-seize is a good idea too. Hope this helps. Matt 97 3.5

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I will be stopping by the Dodge dealer to pick it up today. One other thing it could be from the O2 sensor but I only get around 17mpg in city driving is this normal, average, low. It seems to me I should be getting 20. But what do you guys average on the 3.3?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Replacing the O2 sensors is good preventative maintainance, especially if you live in a state that is or is going to be testing emissions. You don't have to go to a dealer to get a new O2 sensor. Check around first. You may get a better price at an Autozone or Napa store. Also, check online at Wrenchead.com and Carparts.com. These two should give you a good idea of what they should cost so you don't get screwed over.

On your mileage. I would have thought that you would be getting much better than that. I am getting around 19-21mpg with my 3.5L and I am in a hurry most of the time.

Good luck with your repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.