DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2004 Dodge Intrepid with the 2.7 engine in it. when I got the car the check engine light was on so I plugged it into the code reader and got three codes; 2 p0440 Generic evaporative emission system codes, and 1 p0441 evaporative emission system incorrect purge flow. I cleared the codes and the check engine light went off and stayed off for about 3 weeks before it came back on. I cleared it again, and now again it is on and I have know idea of what the problem is or how to fix it. The engine runs smooth, and the car drives great. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of a leak detection pump that has crapped out on you. The LDP sits beside the tank on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Dogcatman had the same issue for years.... problem with those codes is that they are so generic. it could be anything from gas cap, NVLD canister and valve by the gas tank as Adpros said all they way to lines or in my case purge solenoid that's under the hood.

I would suggest do the easy first. Gas cap. Purge solenoid cost about 70$ CND from dealer Easy to change then go from there... NVLD canister and valve are sold as one unit and go for about $150 and up. it's a pain to change (you have to drop the gas tank about 3 inches to get at it.)

I go through www.rockauto.com for a lot of my parts they are decently priced.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # CP3147 {#4891386AD} FUEL VAPOR CANISTER; Size -Inches: 7 1/4" x 12" x 6"; Number of Terminals: 3;Number of Hose Connectors: 2

CAD$125.71

1 - 3 of 3 Posts