DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
That shows up as Exhaust gas recirculation control circuit (out of) range/performance
on OBD2 Fault code reference guide. I printed it, and my copy doesn't show me the URL.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went by Advance Auto on my way to work and had them check it with the ODB2 device and it came up with the same code and also a 0441. Both codes were basically stating that what you have referenced. I resealed the gas cap and had them clear the codes. I will keep an eye on it for a few days to see if the car starts to drive differently or any problems present. Thanks for checking on the code and getting back to me.

Did I mention that I love the website

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link Crombie. I will check the hoses this afternoon when I get home from work.

If not for this website, I would have not known how to get the code and I would have taken the car straight to the dealer this morning and possibly be out of some serious cash for something I might be able to correct myself. Knowledge is indeed power (not to mention a money saver).

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Thanks for the link Crombie. I will check the hoses this afternoon when I get home from work.
No sweat bro. So did u inspect the hoses?

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Engine Compartment

Well I started the car this morning and again I got the same p0440 code. I can not find anything hoses that are cracked or loose. Any ideas of what the next steps I should take or should I guess take to the dealer. Car is running fine no problems just hate that engine like being on. Also does anyone have a picture of the engine compartment for a 2.7 labeled like this I bought this book before I found the website and have not utilized it since until the problem surfaced but the engine setup in this picture is different. Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts