DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
most are supercharged, but even the plain 3.8 has a much larger aftermarket, since it has been around forever...our engines are much newer, and no one makes parts for them yet...but turbo has his in the 14s, and there is a naturally aspirated 300M in the 14s as well

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Ive only made a limited number of runs on the 1/4 mile, but ive still managed a 16.106. Im not too impressed that those guys are running times like that with a 3.8.

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still managed a 16.106. Im not too impressed that those guys are running times like that with a 3.8. (written earlier)
wow in a street race you may be

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Don't compare a N/A Intrepid to those hopped up Supercharged GTP's............compare it to a hopped up GT:

21. Chico
Grand Prix GT
V6 3.8L (L36)

14.50 @98.13 (WOW, pretty damn fast)

26. Y2Goldfinger
Grand Prix GT
V6 3.8L (L36)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Now this is #2 of the N/A GT's................hell, with some mods I could be going faster than that fairly easily!!! (all you would need is Prowler Pro gears and slicks)

Look at the #'s though............I would run the 1/4 at a similar speed but slower time...........those things have kick off the line and less up top.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
why would I be any more impressed with them in a street race? The gas pedal works the same as on the track...

I never claimed i would win a race, but considering the aftermarket products available for Intrepids compared to the Grand Prix, the two shouldnt even be compared.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Maybe he meant they'd have better low end as street races are usually pretty short?

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
i would like to see a supercharged 3.5L from Dodge...that would put some serious power down, since the 3.8 in the NA version is 200 hp, and now the GTPs run about 260 stock...thats only 10 more than the 3.5...blow the 3.5L...and we could easily have a 300 hp trep stock...anyone wanna race that?

·
Registered
604 Posts
SRT-6 crossfire

·
Registered
30 Posts
mmmmm SRT-6 349hp! Don't think the GTP would stand a chance. Put a smaller blower pully on there, 400hp easy. In a small RWD car it will kick ass.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
irishred said:
i would like to see a supercharged 3.5L from Dodge...that would put some serious power down, since the 3.8 in the NA version is 200 hp, and now the GTPs run about 260 stock...thats only 10 more than the 3.5...blow the 3.5L...and we could easily have a 300 hp trep stock...anyone wanna race that?
Our transmissions will commit suicide before it'll let its new blown mate even touch it. We need a better transmission, or better, a manual R/T to be sporty.

But, what the hell, there won't be anymore treps in the future, so who cares. We'll just have sit back and watch future HEMI powered mopars perform mass slaughter on GTPs. :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
As a former owner of a 99 LHS and a Current owner of an 04 GTP Comp G, I can tell you that my new car BLOWS THE DOORS OFF OF MY OLD LHS! It's amazing how much faster it is. HUGE difference. Now they are really 2 different classes of cars. The LHS had the more luxury ride and all and the Comp G is really sporty. The Comp G just sticks to the road. Really, you just have to go take a test drive of this car. It's a great vehicle. Considering all the discounts and all, I paid about $23 for it. Great deal for a great car if you ask me. I'm really happy with it and I've had it since about Thanksgiving... And for all you mod freaks out there, there is TONS of aftermarket stuff out there. The only thing holding it back right now is the PCM. They are working on fixing that. The stock PCM has some torque management stuff that really is holding this car back. Once they fix this, they will be even quicker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
irishred said:
yea, but that is a 3.2L mercedes engine...everyone knows that if chysler developed it, it would be better
IF chrysler could even think to develop the srt-6 motor they wouldn't be stealing from AMG :rolleyes:

And BTW Benzs use larger crank pulley's typically......smaller charger pulley's will allow the belt to slip easier:biggrin:

·
9,861 Posts
RJ said:
Our transmissions will commit suicide before it'll let its new blown mate even touch it. We need a better transmission, or better, a manual R/T to be sporty.
You do realise that there was a paxton supercharger kit for prowlers, right? Hell, there are prowlers that run 12s on our transmission. One even runs high 11s.

The latest models of the A606 can really take a beating. I think people are just too use to badmouthing the earily models.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts