DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea im lookin for a cherry picker so i can get my dumb ass 3.5 out and put a new one in...but yea see the thing about a cherry picker is this i wont need it after im done so yea...how about someone lending me one for lets say...a cookie? I mean i can pay a rental fee but lets keep it reasonable cuz i am broke...

EDIT:

after talkin with gorm, does anyone know of a place in chicago that you can rent one of these babies?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Any general rental store should have one. Try the yellow pages phone book.

·
Registered
244 Posts
you dont need one it is easier ot drop the motor out from under and you can just jack the body up around the motor with floor jacks just drop the whold motor tranny ft subframe together trust me it is a ton easier i have doen engin swaps on many different cars they days of lifting motors went away when they came up with the unibody you olny need to lift motore out of trucks and suv's

ken

·
Registered
255 Posts
khelfrich said:
you dont need one it is easier ot drop the motor out from under and you can just jack the body up around the motor with floor jacks just drop the whold motor tranny ft subframe together trust me it is a ton easier i have doen engin swaps on many different cars they days of lifting motors went away when they came up with the unibody you olny need to lift motore out of trucks and suv's

ken
I agree, on most unibody cars it is a lot easier to drop the motor and tranny together instead of lifting the motor out.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
if its anything like the 3.3. Get a cherry picker. the only things you have to take off the car are the exaust manifolds. This way the starter stays in the car and everything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts