DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hewo`..

I came off the highway today into a three lane light... there was a neon on the right of me and a Chevy Truck on the left of me, i was piggy in da middle.. I looked at the chevy and the guy was like 50 so I ignored him... the Neon was driven by a chick who really did come to a fast stop.. So I was expecting this Wench to give it a go... I was wrong... The light went green and the Girly was just trundlin along.. and the chevy boy slammed! We where head-2-head to 50 and I advanced around 1 car length to 70.. Boring kill, a truck... but looks can surely be decieving..... Damned old-ride-old-man :)

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

·
Registered
560 Posts
Si, man...you should shop yourself to some major home improvement chain...the amount of racing you do you should have a sponsor for chrissake!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)

I only race what I know I can beat :) Now the winter is comming you wont see many posts from me in this area..

When I raced bikes I did have a sponser! Some of you may know of Safeway? Looked real cool that logo on my bike.. NOT! :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'm on the wisconsin side... never as much lake effect as you in MI, but I still think the lake effect is weird as hell. you can be drivin along under clear skies, and all of a sudden run into a wall of snow, where the lake effect has dumped 6 inches in an hour at just some small random spot along the lake.....

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Tell me about it. I live in the Detroit area now (moved over here a year ago from the west side of the state), but last year I went back for x-mas. When I left Detroit, there was maybe two or three inches of snow on the ground. At my parents (about 40 miles from Lake Michigan) there was TWO FEET of snow. My aunt and uncle (about 15 miles from Lake Michigan) had about FOUR FEET of snow.

Also, there have been times when I would visit friends that live about five miles west of my house (when I was still living with my parents) and there would be six inches of snow at my house, and about 12-18 inches at my friends house!

I actually love the lake effect snow! :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paaaah Lake Effect sux... We get hit hard here in Holland M.I, the lake is a stones throw... biatch lake

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Holland, Muskegon... :)

Poor, poor, Si.

I guess last year was one of the worst winters in Detroit for a long time. We had one blizzard over here that lasted a couple of days and dumped about a foot of snow on the ground. That's it! When I heard it was one of the worst winters over here, I laughed. I said try living on the west side of the state in lake effect snow country. :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Randy, did you like it? :) Warlord.. Looking back now at the UK they have nothing to compared to what we have here :( WAAAAAH!!!!! I want my 6 inch of snow max back! WAAAHH!! :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ok...wtf is "lake effect snow"? where it snows over a lake?

is that like here on a nice sunny day and it's raining on yer neighbors house but yer is dry and stays that way?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Ok, here is what lake effect snow is. Since we are talking about West Michigan, I'll use that as an example.

When winds blow over the cool waters of Lake Michigan, clouds form. When these clouds have enough moisture, snow starts to fall out of them. How far the "lake effect snow bands" move inwards over land depends on a few factors, but the major factor is wind direction. If the wind is coming directly out of the west, the "bands" could move inwards over land about 60 miles or so. If the wind has a more southern direction, the bands will only move inwards over land maybe a few miles (depending on how southerly the wind is). That's why you can go from a couple of inches on the ground to a foot or more within just a few miles. And these are just "snow bands". As I'm sure Si can confirm this, you could be driving down any north-south road, and one moment it won't be snowing, than a mile up the road blizzard conditions, and than back to nothing again, and the cycle keeps on going!

Gotta love the big lakes!!! :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah, that lake effect snow you guys have in the U.P. is great. i like to call it 'bonus riding snow', that when the sky snow stops falling, you can usually rely on the winds to take care of the rest...usually ensures fresh snowmobiling snow to play around in(gotta love those trails with dirt-patches all over em') :mad:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Winter is just fun tho. Growing up in the snow, it is just second nature to drive in it, and it allows alot of fun in the vacant parking lots. Man, I wish the 'trep had a Hand operated e-brake. And traction control? thats for pussies!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Snow? What is this magical thing you guys talk about? Some sort of cold substance? I've never seen it, i'm a genuine Florida native :cool:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Starscream - you dog! You beat me to it. Here on Guam there is not one cahnce of snow, in fact the lowest recorded temp was 63 degrees one night about a 195 years ago. We don't even get the cool evenings you get in FL. "Winter" time temps run 85-90 day and 80-ish at night. Good thing is our water temp is 85 year-round, warmer than HI

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
it got to 62 last night...

brrrr!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts