DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was just wondering about different ways to cool down my 3.5.....
My friend told me something about a special radiator thermomoter by a company called Permacool. Apparently it keeps your engine nice and cool in the summer. Has anyone ever heard of it, or tried it, and is it any good?
I also heard some guys talking about a heat sink that fits over your oil filter. Just wondering how well this works, who makes it, and where I could get one.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've got the oil filter heat-sink. That thing is slick! I take it off in the winter, but for summer use it works great. However, it requires some slight cutting to fit. I got mine from JC Whitney for about $17.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its not overheating. In fact, the gauge has never gone above halfway.....but the engine compartment does get damn hot during the summer....and winter. Do these engines naturally run hot? Again no overheating, and no problems. I might disconnect the EGR system and see if that cools it down a bit.

And I might try the heat sink ATF Charger suggested.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
mine has never been above half (that i know of) but less than half seems awfully hot when you lift the hood or get near the nose of the beast. how hard is it to actually cut the heat sink and install it if you have the tools to cut it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are worried about engine compartment heat, don't screw around with dinky add-ons which don't really get the heat out of the compartment. Simply remove the rubber strip at the back of the engine compartment - the one which seals the hood to the body. This allows heat to be drawn out in front of the windshield, cooling underhood temps down. BTW, what is the problem with heat in that compartment? A new intake?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
no problems that i know about, just curious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts