DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caution- not for weak stomachs or those who just ate, getting ready to eat, or are eating at this very moment.

Just when you thought the so called 'myth' of the Chinese eating cats and dogs was bad. How about some live monkey brains.

Article can be found here

I'm sure PETA would really love to hear about this one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
thats a myth?

·
Registered
686 Posts
People Eating Tasty Animals

Monkey brains.......tastes like human brains! :eek: :brutal_01

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I have watched in person an asian (not chinese, but I forget where they were from) family eat monkey brains. They offered it to me too.

If you eat the brain matter of your own species, then you go insane.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You americans are so NIEVE. (SP?) We joke about never seeing a stray cat by a chinese restaraunt. WHY ? Because in Asia they accually eat animals that are populating their land.

Like Red Neck americans Eat deer. I wont go near deer but i bet at least some of you here will. Cats and monkeys. Most of us wont eat them, but i bet there are a few that will in the world.

Just because you wouldnt do somthing doesnt mean its a myth or a hoax.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Naive? I don't think so...I've eaten dog, and most likely cat as well. Comes with taking trips to "unique" locations of the world...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
If you eat the brain matter of your own species, then you go insane.
Now that sounds like a myth.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
jossimbyr said:
I think insanity probably set in before the brain-munching commenced.
Har! Got that right!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
I wont go near deer but i bet at least some of you here will.
Why not? It is one of the most nutricious and leanest meats out there. Many hunters donate their kill to the local county government where it is butchered and given to poor families and used in the prisons. Deer meat is delicious and very lean.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
RapidTransit said:
Now that sounds like a myth.
Nope, theres something about consuming the brain matter of your own species that causes serious problems, now the term "insane" I use very loosely because I do not remember the scientific details of what happens to you.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
DScruggs said:
Why not? It is one of the most nutricious and leanest meats out there. Many hunters donate their kill to the local county government where it is butchered and given to poor families and used in the prisons. Deer meat is delicious and very lean.
Yes, I've eaten it before and it was a tasty experience. But sending a 3 inch diameter metal rod through a bovine sounds a little better, then having to wait and wait and wait, then shoot and miss or HIT, then climb down the tree. Haul the carcass to the truck. LIFT. PUSH, and close the tailgate. Wipe off the blood you may have gotten on you. Open a beer. Drink the beer. Then go on down the dirt trail. OR if we were at my step-mothers fathers house in west virginia, we would then just wait on the back porch. Then shoot. And put it on the grill. <--- this experience is why i dont eat deer.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
So let me get this straight.

Herding an animal into an industrialized killing line is more civilized than hunting it on its own turf. Lets look at the scorecard.

100% of the cattle herded into the stockyard slaughter house die.

About 5% of the Deer in the hunting fields die.

I have never shot a deer and probably never will. I still enjoy venison on a regular basis.

BTW Where in WV?

·
Registered
589 Posts
ive shot deer before... donate the deer. I really dont like the taste of venison. Anyway, Indians eat monkey brains too, I have a friend who HAD a Indian girlfriend, he went over to her house and they were having a buffete, and he saw this container of scrambled eggs, so he served himself some, and grabbed a fork and dug in. They were a bit salty for his taste but besides that they were good, untill his girls mother came over and asked him how everything was, and he said "These are some good eggs!"... she laughed and walked away, he then asked his girlfriend what she was laughing at when she explained his eggs were actually monkey brains... needless to say he spent the rest of that buffete bending over the toilet making himself puke.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
DScruggs said:
So let me get this straight.

Herding an animal into an industrialized killing line is more civilized than hunting it on its own turf. Lets look at the scorecard.

100% of the cattle herded into the stockyard slaughter house die.

About 5% of the Deer in the hunting fields die.

I have never shot a deer and probably never will. I still enjoy venison on a regular basis.

BTW Where in WV?
No im saying that id rather have some slaughter house send me my cow meat then having to do it my self.

Morgantown

·
Registered
865 Posts
People Eating Tasty Animals
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA*breath*HAHHAHAHAAHHAHHAhAHAHA

I can't believe I have gotten this far in life without hearing that before, also monkey brains are good eatin.

I eat animals just out of spite for peta

1 - 20 of 22 Posts