DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey... does anyone know where i can get chrome fender flairs for around the wheel wells for a 2nd generation intrepid. I have seen them on the intrepids and they look good, especially with nice rims... I didn't get a chance to ask the fellow intrepid owner where he got them from... are these custom for the intrepid or some universal accessory...(it looked perfect so i'm assuming custom).. can anybody help?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by n_koutelas:
hey... does anyone know where i can get chrome fender flairs for around the wheel wells for a 2nd generation intrepid. I have seen them on the intrepids and they look good, especially with nice rims... I didn't get a chance to ask the fellow intrepid owner where he got them from... are these custom for the intrepid or some universal accessory...(it looked perfect so i'm assuming custom).. can anybody help?

Are you being serious???

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
that sounds pretty rice to me. (no offense to ricers, right?)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
While they wouldn't be my cup of tea....try JC Whitney, they offer the fender flairs for a wide variety of cars.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Not to defend or argue with anyone, but on the right car they can add a bit to it.

Take for example classed MB products from the 70s or early (80-83) 80s, most I have seen or know about came with that trim and on those cars it looks pretty nice.

To each thier own I suppose.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
that sounds pretty rice to me. (no offense to ricers, right?)
I don't mean any offense to anyone, but it seems that any mod that someone doesn't like is lumping it into the category "ricer"? I've never seen a "ricer" with chrome fenders? Have you??

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Nope, I haven't, chrome fender flares are more "ghetto."

(There I go brining up another stereotype.) ;)

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm interested in seeing what they would look like.

I could never imagine them on a Second Gen, but they may not look bad one a 1st :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
lots of the ricers here do fender flares with chrome. the worst i have ever seen, thuogh, is the geo metro on brian's rice boy page.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Nope, I haven't, chrome fender flares are more "ghetto."
Excuse the stupidity, but what is the difference between "ghetto" and "ricer"? Sorry LHSer but I don't live in the Twin Cities like you, I live about 1.5 hours away from the Twin Cities (Thank God) so I don't see these things everyday (not that I want to anyway).

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
There is a big difference between "ghetto" and "ricer."

As well all know a ricer is a modified Asian car made to look fast while retaining its econobox qualities.

A ghetto car is usally a large American 4 door sedan or SUV with 20" rims, 1000lbs in stereo, silver tinted windows, "laid back" driving position etc etc. Generally found in the "bad" parts of town although suburbanite teenagers are getting into the trend.

Speaking of ghetto...there is a brand new Licoln Navigator rolling around town with 22" wheels, the required tint, stereo and chrome fender trim. This thing is driven by a 19 year old youth and it is parked at one of the worst apartment complexes in my area. Gee I wonder where he got the money for it. ;)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey, there is nothing wrong with the laid back position!!!! :) Mr LHSer! :) I`d rather have a tasteful ricer car than a Ghetto car.....lesser of the evils..

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Personally I find the laid back position to be one of the most retarded ways to drive. If we were intended to lay down while operating near 2 tons of steel and glass, there would be beds installed, not seats. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, seat belts lose almost all effectivness in that position.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Well, I like to be comfortable. When I'm in my car, i am behind the back windows, not the front ones.

My seatbelt, is still against me in this position.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well since the topic has changed I just want to say a few things....Originality counts nowadays... you make fun of ricers but their cars actually look good and different... oh and another thing... why are there pictures in here of cars with no mods... i mean some of you posted your pics of your cars and whhoopdee doo.... i can walk outside and see a normal intrepid anyday.....i mean c'mon..do something to your car... even if it's just a bra, light covers , rims... something.... :)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Uh oh..the proverbial **** just hit the fan now!

Ricers are original? That's why every single one you see has the exact same "modifications" done to them right? :rolleyes:

As for plain LH cars, please. Some of us prefer to make the changes where it really counts. Under the hood.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by n_koutelas:
....Originality counts nowadays...

Don't confuse being different with being original. I will admit that ricers are "Different" but they are hardly original. I don't see creativity, I see a bunch of kids that wants to fit in. Everone is putting crazy $hit on there rice mobiles now-a-days. Just cause it's all different stuff doesn't make them original pieces of work.

You wanna be original? Put an Intrepid into the 12s! Now that's starting a trend right there baby!!

Buschman

1 - 20 of 31 Posts