DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sifting through pictures of LH's...did any come with chrome (or chrome plastic like Concorde interior chrome handles) outside door handles?

my dad has a 2002 concorde and he put the chrome tape on the outer door handles to match the interior. I was thinking of getting him the real deal for his birthday since the paint is peeling and he's embarassed about it.

I would assume it would be of the more expensive LH's...concorde, 300m, etc.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah nothing turning up on the 300M forums either, I figured someone who was M of the month might have em, nope.

I'm getting to the point of getting a junkyard set, sanding, painting. the vinyl really doesn't last he did it really good.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I think that wouldn't look good !! I like the color keyed handles better. Everything came like that from factory never seen outside chrome in the LH platform.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the vinyl looks nice on the cinnamon glaze car from about 10 feet (has the chrome rims too, some other chrome stuff), it's just when you get in close it looks bad.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I would like to know where the hell they chrome plastic at. Other cars have chromed handles, they gotta be plastic

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doesn't chrome involve high heat? dipping it in chrome, right?

would plastic hold up to that?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
They definitely can chrome plastic, take our emblems for example. I assume sunce plastic is non-conductive it can't be electroplated so its not truly chromed.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
95PGTTech said:
doesn't chrome involve high heat? dipping it in chrome, right?

would plastic hold up to that?
LOL you really think chroming is done by dipping stuff in a red hot boiling can of melted chrome ??? It's all done in electroplating tanks. And yes those handles are electroplated . as are the headlight reflectors too wich are plastic also BTW. :wink:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TERMINATOR101CA said:
LOL you really think chroming is done by dipping stuff in a red hot boiling can of melted chrome ??? It's all done in electroplating tanks. And yes those handles are electroplated . as are the headlight reflectors too wich are plastic also BTW. :wink:
yeah I did. throw it into a steaming vat of chrome :frenzy:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I did a googley search and there are several shops out there that will chrome plate your plastic. There are 2 or 3 methods to do it. So if you get those yard handles, you can send them out and get them done for your dad.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet, they give a ballpark?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
95PGTTech said:
sweet, they give a ballpark?
I followed quite a few links. One of the sites had an example price list - some didn't and wanted you to request a quote.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you don't think you could link the example list could you? or at least the keywords you used in Google?

:D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks bro, left you rep too recently

1 - 16 of 16 Posts