DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend for Chrome Rim Polish and Tire shine.

I want Rim stuff I can spray/rub on and then wipe off residue.
They are new, so I jsut want to keep them in top shape.

Tires, Turtle wax spray? I am looking for something that will make them shine and stay more than a week if possible.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would try one of the gels instead of the sprays. Turtle wax platinum series tire gel seems like a good choice. Also I really like Blue Coral Magic Green (something like that) wheel cleaner spray, and also those Mr. Clean magic erasers for wheels and tires work amazingly! You can get a pack of 4 erasers for about 5 bucks i believe. They last a while too if you use them properly and keep rinsing them.

Josiah

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would just wash them with a wash mit and car wash stuff that I use on the rest of the car from the store then dry them and wax them.. not sure what others would do though

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Only wash your rims when they are cool to the touch, wash them with soap, water and a good wash mitt like you would the rest of your car and they will look great for years

Pleae don't use turtle wax products on new wheels/tires, spend the extra on something good like a Meguiers or Eagleone product

·
Registered
851 Posts
after i clean my chromes with soap and water i use megiuars step 2 polish and the step 3 wax and bling bling...they looks sweet..

as for tire shine. im using the armor all extreme tire shine. it works very well and holds the shine for longer than others ive used.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I've become a big fan of some of the Meguiars Aresol Tire Shines. "Hot Shine" I think it's called. Its puts a nice shine on the tire, its easy to apply and it holds up well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can't go wrong with the meguiars I use the liquid hot shine with a tire sponge then spray on their NXT spray to seal it and it looks amazing and lasts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts