DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels are rusting a bit :( Think this is covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty? If I have them re-chromed after a couple more years will they look good as new?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Turtle wax makes a very good chrome wax. That takes off rust very will. If the Turtle wax does work. Get the rims replaced by DC.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Using a dremel tool, you must make sure you are using the right bit and such, as to not scratch the chrome or make cut into it. I found out this the hard way on my old SHO rims, on my first car.

--Gorm

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's VERY rough rust in behind, not sure if Chrysler will replace them though due to the rims being $1100 CDN each.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to hear that it is rust. If it weren't, the best Chrome polish I've ever used is called Neverdull. It's some sort of fabric, maybe cotton, wadded in a can. You just tear off a small piece and it will do your whole rim. When I got my rims, they had a yellowish color to them which wouldn't come off with other "Chrome Cleaners". The Neverdull took it off without any effort.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
A lot of the time, rust seen on surfaces that are supposed to be almost rust free is usually metal shavings picked up from the ground that tend to rust.. from winters.. plows scraping curbs.. cars.. etc etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts