DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock "16 rims on my ES...they look nice, but I would like to dress them up a bit, as I really don't want to part with the cash for aftermarket rims/tires right now. One of my friends mentioned "finding a place that would chrome-dip them"...does anyone here have any knowledge about that...what kind of shop would do it, how much it might cost (ballpark), so on and so forth?

I really don't want to try the "autozone spray paint and clearcoat weekend" project, lol.

·
Registered
305 Posts
from what my friend has told me about chrome dipping is that the chrome peels real easy and was alittle pricey i guess on the size he had 18's but then i geuss its all on the company too but good luck hopefully someone on here knows some more about it first hand

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking on e-bay and found a set of stock 18" Magnum/Charger rims that would look nice for about $250 plus shipping, but it looks like a set of 4 tires would run around $500-$700 depending on brand and etc, so total cost minus mounting and balancing would be close to a grand, if not over...so if I was to decide to take the plunge, would these rims fit without modification? And what would have to be done to make the speedometer read correctly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts