DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a 300 this weekend in Texas - just thought I would give you a quick look.

Despite the fact that the rental company calls it "premium", it is the base model, including the 2.7. There are none of the frills that you would associate with a luxury car, and I would not buy one equipped this way. It is too plain for what it is. It is not equipped much different than my 01 RT, but that is what you expect and want from an RT. The ride is a little soft for my taste, but then I put 300M special struts on my 00ES, The seats are not as good as those in either of my Intrepids. I also have a hard time getting used to the high door frame and the small windows. One nice feature, especially for an Intrepid owner: the battery is in the trunk. All that said, it is a perfectly good car, but not one that would tempt me to get rid of my Dodges. It accelerates adequately, especially at higher revs, but that is probably the gear ratio. Steering is quick and responsive at all times. All in all, a good car, but probably a great car properly equipped.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Go to the Dodge dealer and drive a loaded one with a Hemi...I bet you will change your mind...:biggrin:...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts