DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What do the contact points in the PDC look like? Where you're pulling the fuses/relays. Are they corroded or loose fit?
Been out but im back ,PDC? I heard that before but not sure what that is remind me,yeah the fuses are under the hood and the contacts are decently clean no corrosion everything is tight where the relays plug into and fuses

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Have you replaced the Relays and Fuses with new ones? If not do it and then report back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been out but im back ,PDC? I heard that before but not sure what that is remind me,yeah the fuses are under the hood and the contacts are decently clean no corrosion everything is tight where the relays plug into and fuses
ooh ok PDC that`s where the relays and fuses plug into I will be taking it apart to get a good look at the under side to see if there are and loose connections

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Replace the relays with new ones. Not something used.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Should be standard automotive relays. Nothing special about them.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Get the information printed on top of the relay and Google it! Or go to one of the Auto Parts Stores with that same info and see what comes back. Or look up ASD relay for your model car on the parts stores websites.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Probably could have bought them locally for about the same price without waiting.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
You're probably not going to like the price on the next items then. Possible Fuel pump.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok so here's the thing. I hate to see u just replacing parts and not being sure. What if you replace the MAP and TPS and the issue is still there? Then you're out some money and still frustrated.

Lets go back a few steps. When it doesnt start, will it now NEVER start from that point unless you pull those fuses/relays? OR...are you saying it randomly won't start? Like maybe it didnt start, but if you wait a while, it will start?
Does this happen on First Cold startup? (Vehicle sitting overnight)
Does it happen after one trip or more trips?
Does it crank or will it not even crank?

Lets try to narrow down the culprit more as best we can.
The key here, is being able to TEST with a meter or scan tool at the moment it wont start. Are we losing our ASD relay power? Is the PCM sensing crank and cam signals? Do we still have our 5 volt reference to our sensors?

Just some ideas i thought of to try to help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok so here's the thing. I hate to see u just replacing parts and not being sure. What if you replace the MAP and TPS and the issue is still there? Then you're out some money and still frustrated.

Lets go back a few steps. When it doesnt start, will it now NEVER start from that point unless you pull those fuses/relays? OR...are you saying it randomly won't start? Like maybe it didnt start, but if you wait a while, it will start?
Does this happen on First Cold startup? (Vehicle sitting overnight)
Does it happen after one trip or more trips?
Does it crank or will it not even crank?

Lets try to narrow down the culprit more as best we can.
The key here, is being able to TEST with a meter or scan tool at the moment it wont start. Are we losing our ASD relay power? Is the PCM sensing crank and cam signals? Do we still have our 5 volt reference to our sensors?

Just some ideas i thought of to try to help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
First The TPS and MAP sensors do need to be replaced they are bad and going bad, now as far as the starting problem ,yes car does crank, there are times when it will start on multiple occassions and then it won`t unless fuses are pulled.....here lately on cold starts ,fuses have to be pullled wait about 30-60 secs. put fuses back in car starts right up, on occassions if i go to the store shop for a minute come out car starts up....one thing i was thinking camshaft sensor would not have to do with the ASD/PCM fuse needing to be pulled to start car would it

21 - 40 of 53 Posts