DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I looked at the TPS location on the side of the throttle-body,and its a tight spot,anybody got any ideas or pictures of what all need to be taken off to get the OLD TPS offthe throttle body? do the throttle body itself need to be taken off the Air-intake or do I need to take the air-intake off to get to the screws on the throttle-body?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
To give yourself room to work back there I'd start by
removeing the wipers (two nuts)
plastick cowl covers (nine screws)
strut brace (nine bolts)
and now you have lots of room

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
How exactly did you determine the TPS and MAP were bad or going bad? Did you have codes for them?

Reactions: UmmScott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
How exactly did you determine the TPS and MAP were bad or going bad? Did you have codes for them?
talked to a mechanic and described the symptons that I was having,plus the guy I got the car from never changed anything except a camshaft sensor and oil sometimes the TPS can be bad and not code....one thing that symptomatic is transmission shifts out of order, jerking when trying to accelerate, lose of power,engine revs up and down even when at stop light with foot on brakes surging

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
To give yourself room to work back there I'd start by
removeing the wipers (two nuts)
plastick cowl covers (nine screws)
strut brace (nine bolts)
and now you have lots of room
yes thats what it looks like,once that is off lots of room,it looks like the screw on the TPS closet to the intake manifold it is very small cannot get a screwdriver in there, do the throttle body itself have to come off in order to get a clear shot at that screw? or maybe a small rachet?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
TGS provided the info to get access to the Throttle Body.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
TGS provided the info to get access to the Throttle Body.
yeah I know but my question is do the throttle body have to come off the intake manifold even after you remove the cowl and bracket for the struts the problem is the the screw close to the intake manifold which is difficult to get to due to close proximity of the screw located to intake manifold

·
Woober Goobers!
50,019 Posts
Just download the FSM and read the instructions for that particular procedure. The sticky to the FSM is at the top of the section you're posting in now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Ok put the MAP sensor in and it did`nt fix the intermitten start problem but car does run a lot better,No jerking or rsurging......I think there is a problem with the PDC connections,I know that the ASD provides spark to the coils and powers the the injectors which is how the car starts......it just seems there is a connection between having to pull the 10amp ASD/PCM fuse for the car to start right up When it warms up here (got 4-6"snow on the ground in Southern Illinois now) I`m gonna turnover the PDC to see if there are any loose connections and corrosion

41 - 53 of 53 Posts