DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Allpar.com:

Chrysler among cheaper vehicles to insure

According to Quotesmith, the cheapest car to insure is the Chrysler Town & Country minivan; the Caravan comes in at #3, the Grand Cherokee at #7. Overall, four of the ten least expensive cars to insure are from GM, three from Chrysler, and two from Ford. The only import on the list is #10, the Corolla.

The most expensive vehicle to insure is the Ford F-series pickup, followed by the Ram at #2 and the Explorer at #3. Though the Corolla is cheap to insure, the Civic came in at #4 and the Camry at #6; the Accord is #7. Ford has three of the most expensive-to-insure vehicles; GM and Honda have two each; and Nissan, Toyota, and Dodge take up the rest.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Must be US figures, here the rates are totally different. Pickup trucks are cheap while small cars are expensive. I think they just make the most popular cars/trucks the expensive ones.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
odd. my insurance agent said the 300M is one of the most expensive cars to fix, hence my astronomical insurance rates.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
DC cars are definitely cheap to insure (for the most part).

My wife's Liberty is VERY cheap to insure. My initial quote on my new Wrangler also looks like it will be on the cheap as well. I am not complaining. :D

The Intrepid was more to insure because of a stupid R/T "performance surcharge". Lets see the car can't even get under 7secs in the 0-60... but they still consider it "performance". LOL

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It makes sense. After 2 years the write off on a Chrysler is about $75.00.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
adaptabl said:
It makes sense. After 2 years the write off on a Chrysler is about $75.00.
Then how come 40 year old HemiCuda's Conv's are worth more than a Million dollars each. And 40 year Jap **** is only worth scrap metal prices if that. :bouncgrin

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Then how come 40 year old HemiCuda's Conv's are worth more than a Million dollars each. And 40 year Jap **** is only worth scrap metal prices if that. :bouncgrin
Just like any other Chrsler car. So many broke down and were wrecked that they are collectors items now. Maybe in a few years running Intrepids with 2.7's might be valuable. I will be interesting to see in 20 years the value of a 1980 240Z compared to the value of any 1980 Chrysler.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Why a 1980? How about anything from 1920 to 1970. Go to a junk yard there are **** load of American cars there. No Jap **** because it has already turn into rust and gone to ground. Any 240Z's will never be worth as much as any HemiCudas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts