DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CD Player hasn't been working for quite sometime now and want to get it fixed. The CD Player with accept and Eject cd's, but when you hit cd on the radio it doesn't do anything, also the steering wheel controls don't work either, the horn works, aren't they on the same line? I looked at the fuse and it isn't blown, so any possible solutions would be great!

Thanks,

Ryan

I have a 2000 Intrepid 2.7, 2000 Concorde LXI, just bought a 300m, bought the wrong one has speed limiter 118mph :(

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
First, you have 2000 car, steering wheel controls will not work in anything older than 2001; no wiring in the column, BCM not programmed for it.
As far as the CD player, there are several possible reason for it, assuming that since it plugs into the radio, you actually have a radio that is compatable, you could have a bad jumper cable, bad radio, or bad CD player.
Only real way to tell easily, is to try one of each.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
01 CD player

Oh my bad its and 01, okay so the radio works, speakers work and everything, the cd player powers on, but you cant switch to fm to cd player or am to cd player, when i hit the cd button it does nothing, therefore i dont get any error messages to troubleshoot the problem. the whole sound system, radio speakers cd player are all stock just like they came form the factory. It's a 4 CD Changer so would that make any difference?

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Oh my bad its and 01, okay so the radio works, speakers work and everything, the cd player powers on, but you cant switch to fm to cd player or am to cd player, when i hit the cd button it does nothing, therefore i dont get any error messages to troubleshoot the problem. the whole sound system, radio speakers cd player are all stock just like they came form the factory. It's a 4 CD Changer so would that make any difference?

Thanks

Ryan
First off, are you saing your car is an 01? you have it in your sig as a 2000.
If it is, in fact, an 01, and the wheel controls, CD player controls, etc don't work, then I'd say the first thing the do is change the radio itself, as that seems to be the common element.
Now, assuming you've unplugged the CD player and tried it, and it all worked before that is.
You also need to make sure the PCI bus wire is plugged into the radio - single purple with yellow tracer, otherwise the wheel controls will not work. If there is not a slot for it in the back of the radio, you'd need to get a newer radio - 2001 style with the PCI bus slot.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yeah sorry about the mix up. Im just saying everything used to work and one day the cd and steering controls stopped working...So how do i pull the radio out? do i have to pull half of the dash off?
No, the front plate around the radio just pops out by gently prying around the edges to release the cipls, then there are 4 screws that hold the radio in, and two that hold the CD player in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.