1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From LeftLaneNews.com:

May 16

Chrysler follows up on Challenger rumors

This morning, we reported that Chrysler pitchman Jason Vines had shot down rumors about an impending green light for production of the Dodge Challenger Concept. Now, following one fan site’s assertion that the it was a “questionable PR move” to say the Challenger wasn’t ready for production, Vines has again issued a public statement on the matter. “A reporter asks a question, I tell the truth and that is questionable?” he said. ”We are doing our due diligence on the business case for the car as we speak. That due diligence includes reaching out to potential supplier partners to help us build the business case.” Vines stressed, however, that “we are encouraged by the rabid nature of the internet chat about the car.” He said the the strong response to the concept on the internet is “one reason Challenger has been given a fast track status for go or no-go.”

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Friggin build it already!

My dad wants a convertable one with a 6-speed and the 6.1L Hemi!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
so many people would buy that damn thing, it wouldnt be finiacially smart not to build it. thats the car freaking everyones been talking about since they first debuted the car.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Maverick9110E said:
so many people would buy that damn thing, it wouldnt be finiacially smart not to build it. thats the car freaking everyones been talking about since they first debuted the car.
Everyone wants one, how many are going to pony up $30k+ for the car.

Even with 0% interest, the 4 year payments would be more than $700 a month plus insurance and gas. Say a grand a month.

Ya gotta know your legitimate market before you spend a couple of hundred million dollars on a produciton line.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Everyone wants one, how many are going to pony up $30k+ for the car.

Probably the same people who would fork over 30k+ for a loaded Mustang, the Impala V-8, Grand Prix V-8, Hemi Charger, 300c, Magnum SRT-8.....and the list goes on...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love the Challenger as well, but with $3 gas that will probably be $5 in two years, it may not be wise to build a car that weighs around 4,000 lbs and gets around 20 mpg.

I personally believe that the 300, Charger, Challenger etc. need to go on a diet and drop about 500 lbs..

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Everyone wants one, how many are going to pony up $30k+ for the car.

Even with 0% interest, the 4 year payments would be more than $700 a month plus insurance and gas. Say a grand a month.

Ya gotta know your legitimate market before you spend a couple of hundred million dollars on a produciton line.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant post. That's what it all comes down to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
what i think they should make the car to compete with the mustang. make a v6 model that is in the low $20s and then a sxt with a 4.7 for a around $28. A r/t with a 5.7 will be around $31-32, and a srt8 model for a little under $40. that thing would sell amazingly as it looks better than the mustang and would outperform it. just make it range from a budget nice car to an all out performance car. it would probably make up for the money lost by charging more.
David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts