DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the deal with my 2001 Chrysler intrepid? it's an RT and I can find the dodge rt but did chrysler actually make an intrepid??? I have chrysler on my steering wheel, hood, and both sides of my car all where dodge should be,... even my owners manual says chrysler so what's the deal???

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Same car

DC marketed them as Chryslers in Canada

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
bortz, I actually would keep the badges and airbag on there. There were a limited number of r/ts in canada. Do you live in Canada or the USA?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
bortz said:
...what's the deal with my 2001 Chrysler intrepid? it's an RT...
nhogan said:
There were a limited number of r/ts in canada.
I'll imagine you have the cold weather pkg, DRLs & km/h speedo too.

Not an awful lot of these out there :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Check under the rear door panels, and you'll find a big embossed 'DODGE' on the moisture shield :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok I'll bite.... what the hell does the "R/T" mean anyhow? I'm from Montreal too, close enough, anyway, and yeah, Mines a Chrysler.........

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
tancowgirl2000 said:
Montreal is close enough to Canada......perhaps your one of the few that seperated from the rest of us.....lmao...oops...sorry

Hey I got that! :p Quebec isn't separated from Canada yet! It won't be if you ask me.....Anyways, off topic........To answer about the meaning of R/T, it means Road & Track.....a simple search will tell you that :p

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My car is more 'Track' than 'Road' with this suspension and wheel setup......I hate bumpy roads with a passion :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasn't crying I just couldn't figure it out,... I won't be changin it, I like the fact that my car is a bit more unique than most intrepids I see out there.
Thanks for the info about canada,... I'm actually from so cali but in the army stationed in WA state so canada brings light to the situation thanks a lot!

Ok I'll bite.... what the hell does the "R/T" mean anyhow? I'm from Montreal too, close enough, anyway, and yeah, Mines a Chrysler.........
R/T is racing team it has 24 valves and the 3.5 magnum engine :D thanks again guys

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
No, R/T does stand for Road/Track and is a traditional Mopar badge dating back to the muscle car era. It meant that the car was a dual purpose car that you could drive on the streets but could also drive at your local drag strip (Track) and be a dominating force without doing any modifications to the car...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts