DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people. I also have a 2002 Chrysler Neon 2.0L (same than Dodge Neon). Today water/coolant started to overheats. When I check the coolant reservoir, I find out the coolant level was too low, so I filled it. After driving a while with the car, I have discovered that it only overheats when being on idle or running at low speeds by urban areas. When I drive it at higher speeds by highway (lets say 60 miles per hour), the water temperature is being reduced until reach its normal level even if I rev the engine.
The two fans seem to be spinning as expected.
Two years ago, and around 15,000 miles ago, timing belt, water pump and thermostat were replaced by aftermarket ones.
It is probable that coolant level to be low since pump and thermostat were changed two years ago (never check it).
I do not see coolant leaks.
The car now has only around 70,000 miles of life.
Any idea or tip about this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally, the car had a leak caused by the water pump gasket, I suspect that gasket was not replaced with the water pump, and old gasket was re-utilised. Now the car is running as well as always.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts