DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!
I own a 2002 Chrysler Neon 2.0 L4, I have detected engine oil leakage at three points that I'd like to fix:
(1) Oil pressure sensor.
(2) Oil filter.
(3) Oil pan purge screw.

For the (1), do I need to replace the pressure sensor or only some gasket or O-ring?
What for the other two.. do I need some O-ring or gasket? Do you know which one are they?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,339 Posts
Pressure sensor will need to be replaced; there is no oring on it, its only pipe thread with sealant. What usually happens is oil actually leaks from the sensor itself; or thru the plug, make sure you get an original Dodge sensor, not aftermarket, as those are not calibrated correctly.

As for the oil filter; just replace it with a new one, it will come with the O-ring.

There is a rubber O=ring on the drain plug. Like the filter, I would suggest a new drain plug with new o-ring.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,522 Posts
See item 15 below. Looks like it's the o-ring seal for the oil filter adapter to the engine block.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,522 Posts
Can't help you beyond what I showed above for the part you asked about. I think the site I got that picture from was Moparpartsgiant.com I don't remember.

Whether it's available or not from Dealers I don't know either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts