1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From leftlanenews:

Chrysler to facelift five models by mid-2011
By Nick Aziz

Shortly after launching the redesigned 300, Dodge Charger, and Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chrysler will roll out five other major ‘facelifts’ of key vehicles in its lineup. The updates are part of a five-year strategy Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne intends to submit to the presidential auto task force next week, a published report claims.

The vehicles slated for redesign include the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Chrysler Town & Country, and Dodge Caravan, according to the Detroit Free Press. Fiat hopes the facelifts will be ready for production within 18 months, which is dramatically quicker than the typical 24 to 36 month timeframe for such undertakings.

The report also indicates the PT Cruiser is to be redesigned, though a specific timeframe has not yet been determined.

As previously reported, the Chrysler 300 and Jeep Grand Cherokee have been redesigned for the 2011 model year and should arrive some time next year. It is also believed the 300’s platform-mate, the Dodge Charger, will also be restyled for 2011.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I sure as hell hope they don't pick up any fiat styling trends...I do wish they would stop with the damned squared out looks of the new models and go back to the older more smoothed out lines.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I sure as hell hope they don't pick up any fiat styling trends...I do wish they would stop with the damned squared out looks of the new models and go back to the older more smoothed out lines.
New Fiat models aren't very nice to me but having own two in the past a Regatta and a Tempra I must say they had a nice design for their time.

I agree that the shoebox design that Chrysler is doing is something I don;t like much, although it gives the Charger a lot of personality.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Charger and the 300 along with the Avenger look fine to me, but everything else looks like a box with wheels on it, especially the new vans. The new rams look good too but nothing else really looks all that good.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope for the best.. I do love the new rams - very aggressive looking... I don't really care much about the Caliber but anxious to see the new looking Charger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts