DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here a CCNA? (Cisco Certified)

I am seriously considering getting this. I will probably just learn the **** on my own... either get some online classes or some books. I have enough routers here at the job to work off... and I really don't have the cash to lay out $3000 for classes... (unless i beg the job to pay - which may be tough). :O)

Was the test difficult? How much do you need to pass? And do you recommend any books, study guides, software, etc.

If you have software... do you mind sending me some? :O)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I should be by now, but my class got pushed back to the beginning of September :(

Guess I can't compain, it was free with my MCSE class (that I got at half price).

·
Registered
328 Posts
Im a CCNA

Find all the study tests you can!

You now need 80% in order to pass (they just raised it).

Read the Cisco CCNA Study guide, and then do the tests in the book, but also find some of the many online ones you can get.

If you can get 90% or so on al the practice tests, then you should be alright.

The CCNA test covers a very large area of subjects, from Switching, Routing, OSI Model, Protocols, ETC

They will even ask what part of packets is responsible for what.

The tests autogenerate, so no 2 are the same.

One thing is read the questions carfully, they have ways of saying things. Take your time.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Ahhhh...the good ole OSI model

Please
Do
Not
Throw
Sausage
Pizza
Away

Forever engrained in my memory... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finished the Cisco Academy in May, which in my opinion didn't do enough to prepare for the CCNA test. Only two of the students in the class have passed the test to date. I got the class pretty much for free since I work at the college where it was offered and they needed to fill up the classes, this being the first time it was offered here. Right now I plan to take the test shortly after I have a planed surgery, which will give me some time off to study (hopefully in the next month or so). Been too busy this summer to study for the exam properly, and trust me you will need to study for it. I have talked to both of the persons who passed it and they agreed that you really can't be too prepared. I will get back here as soon as I have taken the test to let you know how it went. Good luck, and subnet till you can do it in your sleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts