DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I visited my dodge dealer today and was advised not to use citgo gas. Apperently they add too many additives to prevent fuel from freezing. These additives block your fuel injectors. They said they had quite a few cars with this problem and advised me to use a fuel injector cleaner asap since I use citgo gas. Anyways just letting you guys know.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I NEVER fill up at a Citgo or Shell.

Citgo is owned by the Venezuela president who hates America. I don't see why we should pay his country.

Mobil, Chevron, or Marathon are the best places.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yea I wont put in Citgo gas unless im desperate. I ALWASE use Shell V-Power or BP Premium and I get great mileage, much better then if I use regualar grade gas.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Citgo is owned by the Venezuela president who hates America. I don't see why we should pay his country.

Well i would'nt use marathon either, just cause I don't like the 10% ethanol thing. You get worse milage.
I'm all BP now. The only reason I used citgo is that it was the closest place to my house.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Well i would'nt use marathon either, just cause I don't like the 10% ethanol thing. You get worse milage.
I'm all BP now. The only reason I used citgo is that it was the closest place to my house.
??????? No difference. I don't give money to countries that hate us.

·
Registered
192 Posts

You better read your pump again I don't think there is any gas that isn't 10% Ethanol anymore. I know here in pa it all has 10% ethanol in it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You better read your pump again I don't think there is any gas that isn't 10% Ethanol anymore. I know here in pa it all has 10% ethanol in it.
yup..I filled up at a BP this morning and it sure enough said 10% ethanol so maybe he needs to read the pump again.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
you give money to Bush...and from the decisions he had made you could say he hates america:biggrin:
Don't be a Pinhead.

We can discuss this in another thread. If you want to start a thread in the whatever section, go ahead. I will be waiting with firepower.

EDIT: Am I putting money into the American economy? or the Venezuela economy????? Nuff said.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yeah, its about the same everywhere now. Been using Citgo for years now with no issues, both in the trep when I had it and in our Saturns.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Don't be a Pinhead.

We can discuss this in another thread. If you want to start a thread in the whatever section, go ahead. I will be waiting with firepower.

EDIT: Am I putting money into the American economy? or the Venezuela economy????? Nuff said.
umm it was a joke...I know that you are pro-republican in every aspect of life. Kinda the reason why I put the smile at the end.

I would never argue with you on the subject because I have seen how you are not open to other people's opinions when it comes to the government. I saw how you attacked everyone in the election thread who had a different opinion than you.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

I heard that Mobil isn't top tier gas.

I remember seeing a gas station up in northern Wisconsin that didn't have the 10% Ethanol sticker on any pump.

EDIT: Here are the retailers. http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard that Mobil isn't top tier gas.

I remember seeing a gas station up in northern Wisconsin that didn't have the 10% Ethanol sticker on any pump.
you are right, the bp at my town does not have ethanol in thier gas, i asked.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I have yet to see an ethanol sticker on any pump in Upstate NY, but I know they legislated use of it here some time ago. I don't think they have to put stickers out if all gas has it.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Reactions: SheriLuvsHerTrep

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi,

I visited my dodge dealer today and was advised not to use citgo gas. Apperently they add too many additives to prevent fuel from freezing. These additives block your fuel injectors. They said they had quite a few cars with this problem and advised me to use a fuel injector cleaner asap since I use citgo gas. Anyways just letting you guys know.

'preciate it.

:biggthump

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Also, in the absence of seeing ethanol content stickers around here, I found some info about how to test a sample of pump gas for ethanol content. Ethanol use is bad in aviation and some outboard boat motors. There are some aviation websites selling tester kits between $15 and $30 that looks kinda like a test tube. Basically you put water up to a certain point in a graduated cylinder and fill the rest with gasoline. Make note of the boundary between the gas and water, then you shake it up. The ethanol (and water if there is also water in the gas) will separate out of the gas and move to the bottom with the water. The boundary line will move upward and its just a matter of calculating the % based on where the line was to where it moved to. I'm tempted to try it out soon when I have to get some gas for the mower.

this is one site with a testing kit you can buy:

http://theoutboardwizard.bizhosting.com/alcohol_fuel_test_kit.html

And this has how to do your own testing:
http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/ethanolTest.html

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The other day diesel was $4.199 here. Its crazy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts