DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Claybar has been talked up and down this forum after all the reading I did, but I don't remember seeing this little tip. The other day I used it on my windshield and I couldn't believe the result! i did the drivers side, keeping the surface wet with Windex, and just moved in slow circular patterns. I felt the gunk being lifted off the glass. I then thoroughly wiped it down with some glass cleaner and I couldn't believe it. I had to leave the house for a bit so I was driving one side after claybar and the other side untouched, and the difference was amazing. I swear it was almost as if the passenger side had a gritty tint to it, and the drivers side was amazingly clear, even with the small scratches on the glass. When I got home I did the entire windshield, and finished off with rainex. Smooth as butter an it never looked better driving and looking into the car from the outside.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I have heard that mentioned by members. I also remember a long time back a link to some dude who detailed high end cars. The site or whatnot described in depth how he detailed a Lambo or Ferrari. He finished off by polishing the windshield with his porter cable and some metal polish. I think it was metal polish.

Anybody remember the thread where about this meticulous detailer. I wouldn't mind looking at it again

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I can see the potential for it working, the glass gets buildup of oil film and tar and all the crap in the air, so the clay bar should wipe that stuff out.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Good to know, I will have to try that! Thanks for sharing that tidbit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts