DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to clean my leather seats. they are light grey and have embedded dirt esp in the seating areas wher eit looks dull and dirty. Ive tried a wet cloth not wanting to use chemicals and it wont come clean. I think i tried mink oil once and it jsut made the shiny LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
The best thing I have found, is Adam's Leather Cleaner. I have tried many cleaners but nothing has actually cleaned. I had console covers I was ready to throw out, but it got them clean.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to clean my leather seats. they are light grey and have embedded dirt esp in the seating areas wher eit looks dull and dirty. Ive tried a wet cloth not wanting to use chemicals and it wont come clean. I think i tried mink oil once and it jsut made the shiny LOL

Jeff
Miers leather cleaner and ultra UV protections sold at Wal-mart. It last a very long time. Damp a sponge and wipe it in. Dirt lift up and lives a nice satin shine.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
I took a pic of my console cover for comparison. The bottom half, I spent an hour trying to clean. I used TutleWax's leather cleaner, Mother's, and an actual furniture leather cleaner and nothing cleaned it. I was going to throw it out, then I picked up the Adam's at Carlisle ( $9.00 ) and tried it on the top half. I think you'll see the difference.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
I took a pic of my console cover for comparison. The bottom half, I spent an hour trying to clean. I used TutleWax's leather cleaner, Mother's, and an actual furniture leather cleaner and nothing cleaned it. I was going to throw it out, then I picked up the Adam's at Carlisle ( $9.00 ) and tried it on the top half. I think you'll see the difference.
Wow!!!! That is dramatic difference!!!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
My Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner works just as good as that adams. I actually use Meguiars Bug & Tar remover on any "Stains" i have on the leather.
I tried it too, wouldn't touch these stains. I use it for once a week conditioning, but I don't think it actually cleans the leather very well. JMO

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
I actually use Meguiars Bug & Tar remover on any "Stains" i have on the leather.
It contains 22% naptha, (lighter fluid) it will strip oils as well from the leather so make sure it is reoiled with a conditioner. It is the PH of the Bug and Tar remover I am concerned with as it also contains chlorides. (bleach)

I think you could find a better product than bug and tar remover. At least more friendly to the leather. I do not doubt that it cleans though. But so would sand blasting. :biggrin:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Adams and Meguires is good but not like Duragloss. You would need to get the Duragloss Leather Shampoo and the Duragloss Leather Conditioner and each bottle is 8 oz for 5.99. With the Shampoo, use the softest bristle brush you can get. With Conditioner, don't apply it directly to the leather. Apply it to a soft cloth and rub it in so you won't have any shading in the color of your leather. The conditioner, I think, has a leather exact in it because it almost renews it. It makes the leather slick and it will give your car's interior the new car smell. That's what my passengers said. If you single, those soft leather seats will help raise your pu--y rate. I did for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The leather seats I got for my Eagle came out of a car that had been at the yard for well over a year with the driver's door gone. I used dish soap and warm water and used a wash mit to clean them, then wiped them down with a towel. It worked quite well. After that I treated them with some armourall leather cleaner and conditioner and now they look great. I wish I had a pic of what they looked like before I cleaned them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts