DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these used (well used) popo wheels and caps that came with popo nuts. Good Lord they are rusty.
Cant see putting rusty nuts on reworked rims, and the dealer want 7 bucks each... so............

the bolt was used to gain a remote grip so I could clean them up on the wire wheel on my shop grinder.

Make sure you use a dust mask.
outside

inside

also used a dremmel to clean the inside with a mini wheel

after using some brake cleaner ready for paint

with primer

final paint (high temp)

seems to be some conflict between primer and paint but good enough.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
If I could find a set of those wheels I would put them on just in case I had to take the Trep out in the winter. I have a new set of the factory tires on the shelf in the garage.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
You are a determined man! I would have just let them soak in a rust eating solution for a few weeks.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Doug just likes playing with nuts! :gay:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
You could have avoided all of the "hands-on-work" and playing with the po-po's nuts if you would have went to a parts store like advance auto. $2 each for nice new ones

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Wheel-Lug-Nut-Dorman---Pik-a-Nut_5706238-P_181_R|GRPWHELAMS_1604798883____
Lol, I like doing stuff like this. Plus I saved 40 bucks! :D
AND (unless my eyes deceive me) the nuts referred to in the link aren't police lug nuts. They won't work with the police hub covers!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts