DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some review with Stratusphere.org, I believe it is possible for us to accomplish removal of the orange reflectors in our turn-signal lenses in our Intrepids.

The basic idea is to remove the lense and the bulb, take a small screw driver and pry the reflector piece out of the lense. of course, you wont' be able to fit it through the hole, but then taking a needle-nose pliers and breaking up the reflector into smaller pieces.

Like I said, I'll get back to you guys if I can get mine out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was wondering if it was possible to take those out, but I didn't think of prying it out then cutting it while it's in there. Thanx for the idea!

·
Registered
530 Posts
how is it different when every single civic and rice boy have done it? i think we have conflicting definitions of different. You say different is "be just like everyone else" and i see it as "to not be like anyone else and have your own idea and unique product"

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
It is hard enough to find peformance, exterior and interior parts for these LH cars without people bitching and complaining that it doesn't suit THIER palate. The clear corners might be ricey, but at least we know there is something else we can do to modify our cars, if we so choose.

Lets put another spin on this topic. The tube intakes that are so popular today (such as the one GR8WHT designed for the 2nd gens) started out and became popular on small displacement Japanese cars.

When someone takes the initiative to figure out how to do something to advance the sport and these cars, we should support thier decision to take time to figure out how it can be accomplished. No matter what our personal opinion may be.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Also, the fact that you pretty much don't see ANY intrepids with clear corner lenses makes it different enough. The fact is, these cars are not something you see everywhere like hondas, and when you do see one, chances are it's not customized at all. My Intrepid is the only one I know of in my area (western washington) that is customized to the extent of being noticable. 70% of the others Intrepids I see are driven by retired people. The reason I like to customize my car is because I like to change things because I'm creative.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to those who support diversity in our car club.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: ATFCharger ]

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah, My MSD DIS-4 I guess is pretty common among intrepids....... :rolleyes:

Plus I am developing an intake system for the 3.5's and the 3.3's if i can get a test fit car for that. Also, I'm blueprinting the entire 3.5 engine so I can do a complete build up and sell a kit to everyone who wants it but it takes time. I'm waiting to see others come up with useful good mods that we can all use as well. I'm not saying no one else does here, there are a few of you I talk to who I help and in turn they help me with ideas. I feel like I don't have enough stuff already out there for others to use but it takes time and I don't see many trying either. I'm a huge fan of GR8WHT and he knows that cause he does a lot of his work by himself and has good help from other 2nd gen owners. Though I will admit, I don't share everything I know cause it is nice to be the first at something and others don't have any info to share. Don't take this as an insult, its not meant to be. I hope this just stirs things up and we can get more mods and keep the forums active. More power to you in any mods you do that are useful to us all!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
hey man, yer "paint" is dripping on the ground :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
When do you think you will be done designing the new intake for the 3.5's? I was thinking of creating my own, but I might just wait to see what you come up with, or maybe get an idea of how to start mine. If you need any ideas, just ask...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts