DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also have a 99 Intrepid, and I think altezza's would look HOT, especially if the trunk light bar is done also.. SWEET.. Hopefully when can get some..

·
Registered
502 Posts
There's a small difference in 1G and 2G taillights. The 2G's no longer have the outer clear shell that the 1G's did. I think your's are molded red as one piece. If you look at the taillights on a 1G Intrepid, it has two layers. The first is the outer, clear shell. Then about 1/4" inward is the red reflector. That red piece is what gets taken out. The 2G's would require a whole new replacement cover, which probably wouldn't be too hard, but would need some R&D. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering. i saw an intrepid with all black taillights. Is that just a paintover? or is there a black taillight cover i can buy to get that. if so where do i get it!!! ty

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Holy old way thread good God a mighty thread revival!!!!!!

Chances are, they are painted, or custom made tail light covers. If there were tailight covers on the market for these cars, I think a lot of people would have them already. (Look at the number of members with the cat eyes for the headlights for example).

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
IceDragon38 said:
Holy old way thread good God a mighty thread revival!!!!!!
No kidding.

ATLPhil, there are countless people asking if clear tails exist. They do, but the only only set (that I know of) that exists is in my shed.

Later on, I will reattempt this, and hopefully get a better turnout. I'm guessing I'm the first (or one of) to do this, so I started off with very little information.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
HOLY OLD THREAD!!! How LONG did this take to dig up from the grave?

No altezzas for me..... I like the non rice look!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
fearless 2000 said:
I am not a fan of clear tail lights, looks ghetto as hell.
so you saying my car looks ghetto?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm not too much of a fan on them but to be honest, if I could buy them would I put them on... hell yea wouldn't hurt to see what they look like. btw, how in the hell did someone find a 6 year old thread? I didn't even have my car at this time lol.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
intrepidroll1n20s said:
holleee crap batman da thread is back lol i think this topic comes up 3 times a year at least
for real it should be stickyed.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The second gen treps go back to 1998. It is possible. Is that what you are saying?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts