DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 ES TREP 3.3, and I wanted to do clear tail lights in my car, the only thing is that I havent seen pictures after the process have been made. Does someone have pictures (both in the day and in the night) of the finish project?? Also, I was thinking, In Texas is it legal to put colored bulb covers (in this case red) in the brake bulbs?? Or is it legal having red bulbs in Texas?? I will really appreciate picture for the finish project and an answer for my question. Thanks :auto_07:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And what about the being legal red bulbs or colored bulb covers????? By any chance does any one here have an extra pair of taillight, I am intrested in buying another pair in case I mess up with the ones I have, also I am looking for the housing of the two headlights for my car?? Any one????

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I dont see a problem having a red TAIL light. You can buy them red. Don't bother with covers. They lessen the strength of the light.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvilDeadfan do you did the conversion on the taillights??? Do you have picture of it in the day and in the night so I can see them?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
they are legal as long as you have a certain amount of RED reflectors on the vehicle, you would have to talk to your states highway saftey department about how much is required though, (to see if the intrepid has enough)

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
wb6vpm said:
on the back of the vehicle is what i mean

actually next time its dark, grab a flashlight and shine it on your treps tail lights..

they don't reflect.. only the 2 lower bars do.. the lit up part is only a red colored lense..

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
the 2 bars is what i was refering to, there is a certain amount of surface area that there must be, in order to have the clear taillights, but i am not sure what that magic number is

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
wb6vpm said:
the 2 bars is what i was refering to, there is a certain amount of surface area that there must be, in order to have the clear taillights, but i am not sure what that magic number is

well he should be able to do anything he wants to the light part.. as long as he leaves the stock reflectors alone..

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
in theory, yes, but the laws dont always work that way, hell NTSHA (or whatever the ackronym is) had to come up with a number for Lexus when they came out with the clear taillights on the new 400 (350? maybe?) i dont remmeber :p

and it was higher than the normal amount of reflector required than if you had a normal taillight setup (ie red housings)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'm quite sure that as long as there is a RED light when you use the brakes, you're good to go. If it was stated otherwise, I would've gotten numerous tickets within the last 2 months of my Maroon Monster's life.

I used JamStraits from Auto Zone (clear until the LEDs are on) and they are ****en bright!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my mom just got a 97 intrepid and me and my dad wanna pimp it out. we just ordered a aftermarket spoiler for it off ebay. i wanna put clear tails on it but i havent seein ne pics of the process or the stepps to do it and i was woundering if anybody could help me out on this. thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts