DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chasing the mysterious front end clunk. i put 4 new lower subframe bushings on. the upper looked ok. i changed the inner tierod bushings last yr and than swapped in a used R&P with no change. yes i used the new bushings. I put on the summer tires/wheels today and checked out the end links. checked tranny mount. when i push down on the pass side fender. i get a click/clunk sound. when i push on the driver side i do not get a sound. I know the pass side CV joint is leaking grease. there is a nice ring around the outer boot area. would a worn outer CV joint make the sound I hear now? I got under the car and had a friend push on the fender and i put my hand on the subframe and I can really feel the click than. i swear the subframe bushings look fine.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Maybe your swaybar stabilizer links aren't tight enough to the control arms of the strut. I had the same problem on mine. Got it tight and noise was gone.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Most of the time, the clunking sounds come from the sway bar end links.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if your cv joints are all dried up it is possible for them to make noise. it could also be from the struts. if the rubber that goes between the spring and the strut seat are worn all the way through then it could make some noise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does any1 have a picure on it, cause it happens the same thing here, but the suspension guy cant find the problem here, can someone post a picture and tell em where the swaybar stabilizer links to the control arms of the strut are and point them to tight them and the cv joint rubber is to check them if they are out too???? Please.....the noise became louder and I am scare that I can loose the steering due to that...... :auto_07:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have the same problem on the passenger side, the garage told me it was the strut mount and that i needed a new tie rod, i'm gonna change them this week and see if it's that making the noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts