DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Intrepid 2.7L with manual climate controls. You know the three knobs... Well... AC and heat work, but not correctly...

The heat really never turns off on off... and not to mention the heat only works on defrost... and the AC only works when I put the blower knob to a perfect setting between "high/low" and whatever is next to it... its weird...

So when I put the blow vents to "high/low" the ac will work and it does blow high/low... but i can never get anything out of the front vents...

when i turn it on low and rotate the blower knob i can hear something shifting in the back and moving but air doesnt come out...

im thinking the middle controls just need to be replaced? or since the car was in a minor accident at one time someone took apart the dash and forgot to hook a belt or something when putting it back together?

Let me know if you know of anything please! Thanks...

Joe

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
If you haven't already done so, go here and download the 2002 FSM(Factory Service Manual) in PDF format. http://dvms.dvusd.org/02lhe/ Download the 2 large files and look in the 2nd one in section 24. That references the air conditioning and heating systems. (Big thanks to the person hosting these files on their server). I know this is a 2002 manual and you have a 2000, but most if not all the info will be applicable. The only things I can think of that would be different would be wiring connector pinouts and probably wire colors. The diagnostics and troubleshooting should work fine otherwise.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,841 Posts
I can gaurantee that download will be better than anything you'll get from Checker or any other auto parts store. It's a copy of the actual Factory Service Manual that the Chrysler/Dodge Techs use. If you don't want to read it that's OK..feel free to throw your money away at Checkers..tried to help. If you don't know how to use it or you're not technically inclined..that's fine..just let us know.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is really old to respond to but... The reason I said that is because I needed a book I could take with me anyway. I don't always have access to a computer so a book for repairs such as the Chilton I bought comes in handy too.

But thanks for the link. I downloaded both the PDF manuals. Thanks so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.