DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. had a close brush with death today. i was driving down rt.22 on my way back from seeing my girl when i hear like if I had a flat tire on both sides. I didnt pay much mind to it since i have the new 1's at the house. Suddenly the noise intensifies and i become terrified.

I proceed to pull in to a gas station and go to the air punch. I hop out and look to see whats up and what it was that my lug nuts were loose on the driver side,
one of them broke clean off and the rest were almost off.. if i didnt pull into the station i would have surely been in an accident....:crying:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ahoy from NJ!

Route 22 is annoying, I avoid it at all times.

Good you pulled over, I do it all the time, no matter what.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it is annoyin...always some new being constructed , never finished and too many damn pot holes. lol.. i'll replace the broken stud when i get the new wheel bearings soon..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Every time I drive on 22 heading into PA from jersey, right b4 the tolls, I pray that I don't get swallowed by one of those huge holes in the road. I'm almost tempted to pull off to the side of the road there right after I pay the toll b4 going over the bridge right in front of that rent-a-cop that is usually sitting there to check my tires and see if they are alright. If he would ask me what I was doing I probably would tell him straight up that I was just checking my tires to make sure they are safe to drive after going through that he** hole stretch of road, and that someone should fix it. I just hope that it doesn't come to someone losing their life b4 they do something to fix that sh**. I'm avoiding that from now on. Just my 2 cents(even though it is never worth that much anyway).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good job pulling over right away.... driving farther would cause more damage to your vehicle and if that wheel fell off you and your girl could have been hurt.... yep you gotta check over your ride all the time checking everything..... cant trust anyone.... my wife had oil changed on her new VW beetle convertible..... when I changed the oil next the drain plug was hand tight and oil all over the bottom of the car, jackasses!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had that happen on my 4x4 RamCharger one time. Ruined a nice 15x10 wheel. Needed all the studs and lugs replaced too. Bad thing was, I had to get all four rims replaced. Could not find a matching wheel for the one I was destroyed. It egg shaped all 5 lug holes in the wheel. :icon_neut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts