DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, actually this a.m. around 2:00 I was on my way to south Fl, near Naples on I75. It had been raining off and on all evening , and had stopped, but the road was wet. I was just tooling along in a company van doing a steady 72MPH, enjoying the solitude of having the road to myself, and Symphony X blasting.

I noticed a set of lights coming up fast. Real fast. As they approached in the left lane, I was in the right lane. I going to estimate a speed of between 90 and 100, more toward the 100, as this PRIUS, yep Prius blasted past me like I was sitting stll. As it passed, the driver hooked it HARD into my lane, and immediately lost the rear end of the car. The wet road combined with an unstable car was too much, and it began to turn backward. I was already on the brakes, and waiting for it to begin barrel rolling.

Amazingly, it did not. The wet road that caused the problem, actually saved the car, by allowing it to slide. It began to turn like a top, and somehow I noticed the front wheel was not being used. It was just frozen, like I imagine the drivers arms were, in a rigor mortis like death grip. The car backed into the guard rail that was fortunately there, and glanced off, taking the passenger side rear quarter off . Then it shot across and into the other side rail and eliminated the front passenger quarter. Finally it bounced back into the right lane, and had slowed that the driver gained control.

There was an exit just an 1/8th mile or so ahead, which is why there was guard rails, because it was a small overpass type structure with an exit. This guy actually hesitated about taking the exit, and at the last second jerked the car onto the ramp. I expected him to lose it again, but didn't. I just drove ahead amazed it didn't roll over.

As I crested the hill of the overpass, there sat a Florida Highway Patrol car. He missed the show by a quarter mile, by sitting on the blind side of that hill. Never around when you need them.

My biggest shock, was that I watched all this transpire, and it crossed my mind I would be pulling a corpse out, or seeing a real nasty sight, but never got stressed at all. How jaded is that? I see so many wrecks, but this was a little too close.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
So he didnt stop at all? I would of pulled my car over as soon as I could of lol. That is crazy though.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, never stopped going. Crazy in a hurry. Like I said, I don't think he even wanted to exit. Maybe it was Al Gore Jr...

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
Like that bit in Jackass, when they returned the rental.

Yeah, but at least Johnny Knoxville returned that rental with a full tank of gas!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
damn.. he must have had something really important to do... I mean except for the a pregnant wife or a injured kid in the hospital or something like that I would have stoped after a crash like that

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
i bet he kept going just because it was a prius. could you imagine trying to tell a cop how that happened in a prius?

perp: ugh officer i was speeding and lost control..
cop: speeding? what is this thing? a prius? how do you speed in a got damn prius? doesnt it top out at like 60 or something?
perp: no, not at all sir, above the 100's
cop: what?!, WHAT?! step out of the car some, GET OUTTA THE GOT DAMN CAR!!!!! do you realize the damage you could of caused???
perp: yes officer
cop: shut the **** up! you know what im tired of your mouth son!!
(eventually leads to an epic cop ass whipping). like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROn_9302UHg

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
back in 1987 i was on I-95 up towards Dayrona FL,, i was driving a 1986 Hyundai excell
anyway i had the thing floored, was like 1 am, out of the dark blue lights, trooper in a mustang, damn!
all he said was,, "I didnt know these cars went so fast", 98 miles per hour ,,,
that was 200 bucks i didnt have....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
DrDodge said:
back in 1987 i was on I-95 up towards Dayrona FL,, i was driving a 1986 Hyundai excell
anyway i had the thing floored, was like 1 am, out of the dark blue lights, trooper in a mustang, damn!
all he said was,, "I didnt know these cars went so fast", 98 miles per hour ,,,
that was 200 bucks i didnt have....
What the hell! Where you going down hill with a tailwind?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts