DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

monro installed new struts and strut mounts in my 2000 concorde lxi , and now i have a clunk on the passengers side in the rear when i hit a bad bump , any thoughts on this . i have checked the suspension and everything seems tight .

i also have a 2002 concorde limited withe the premiuim sond system it looks like the infinity system in my 2000 concorde , but does not sound as good . does anyone know anything about the premuim system .

·
Registered
549 Posts
premuim system=Junk...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Take a look at the rear passager side strut tower. You need to look at the nut thats on the strut rod. Bounce the car, and see if that nut is nice and tight. If not, someone may have not got the nut tight on the strut rod

J

·
0 Posts
Did you take the bowling ball out of the trunk?

Or, Spare tire or jack may be loose..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dunno. My '96 developed the same problem after new struts were put on, but I've never found the source. Mine usually does it when it's cold, that is during the first mile or so, then you don't hear it any more. The loose nut (not the one behind the wheel) sounds plausible.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Rear sway bar and related parts (end links, bushings)? could be another possibility.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like the strut tower post

hi guys

the nut on top of the strut mount tower is the next step , the mechnic did not put the rear seat back in all the way and i have a feeling he might not have put the shoulder seat belt retractor in fully bolted .

thanks for the ideas and the jokes , they were pretty good too . :smilie_au

J

·
0 Posts
You think it may be the rear window shelf (where the speakers are) that is loose?
I had this happen too.

The best thing to do is drive around with a friend in the trunk and have him listen for problems as you hit hard bumps.
Make sure you drive as fast as possible, and take corners pretty hard, it will be easier for him to locate the sound of the problem.

J

·
0 Posts
Yea, he never answered..
I guess he never checked. We always say start with the simple stuff, I mean really..

Noob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi guys

trunk is empty , tightened down spare . i am going to check the package shelf in the rear , though i think im going to have to buy a service manual to figure out how to get to it .

thanks for all the help .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts