DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 lhs, seems like its always clunking around over bumps and play in steering when turning. Anyone else encounter this, i know there is a tsb on the tie rod bushings, but what does that mean, free repair or what????
Is the clunking tie rods or bushings, the inner tie rods were replaced 8000 miles ago. other than front end, no problems

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a first generation LHS and had similar clunking, and it was due to the Inner tie rod bushings. I dont know about free repairs, you may want to call your local dealer. My brother replaced mine. It could also be the outer tie rods sometimes it doesn't seem like they get seated correctly and looked cocked at an angle, there are also bushings in the steering rack that may cause the play in the steering. How much play are you talking about, i could turn my wheel from 10 oclock to 2 oclock and nothing would happen because i had hardly any bushings left in my inner tie rod ends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.