DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I remember seeing something on trying to get the indigo to work in a standard cluster, I just dont remember how to either get it to work, or if its not possible.

Also how would I use LED's in the cluster. I am trying a couple of different things. I have the LED's and the resistors. I just dont know how to hook it up to the bulb holders so they work.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm not sure about the indiglo. I really don't see anyway of doing it though unless the white faces are made out of the EL stuff. As for the leds, you have to buy led bulbs. They're pretty much just a cluster of leds and a resistor mounted in a standard bulb wedge base.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn on both accounts. I am mostly going for the LED lighting more so because I alread have the stuff, just need to put it together. I guess I will keep working on it.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
The back of the cluster has little plugs that you remove and mounted in them are the bulbs for the backlighting. It would be really difficult to solder LEDs together with a resistor and then put them in thiis holder, thats why you really need the pre-made bulbs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know....the whole have them here...plus I dont think I can convince the wife to waste money on led bulbs when I have 40 left from my tail light mod :)

edit: hehe I did use one on my keyboard and changed out the light on that....dang dont look at those directly!!! :Eyecrazy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts