DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cluster in my 300M dies everyonce in a while. Everything on the cluster only will shut off. If I push it, everything will turn on. The only problem is the cluster. Any thoughts? What could this be. I have taken the cluster out and put it back in but it still occurs. Is it the cluster thats the problem or is it the electric/car thats the problem. I know others have had this problem? Thanks

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can "push" the cluster at all then it is not seated properly, check the contacts inside the dash and on the back of the cluster itself to see if there are any obstructions
I pulled it out and put it back in and everything seemed ok in my book. I will have to do another look at it. How much are new clusters (used ones)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
those green and blue plugs may not be fully connected, is it very hard to remove the cluster. Like when you tried to pull out it did it just come off or did you have to really work at getting it out.

If the cluster comes off easily then the rear plugs are not making good contact. Make sure the green and blue plugs are seated in the plastic and are just getting pushed back when the cluster hits them.

As far as used clusters go, you can check with TFC if he has any in stock that you like. I think a basic 120mph one shouldnt be more than 50$ used if it is the cluster that is acting up.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ross.wakefield/Inventory parts.html

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is very hard to remove this cluster. I will look at it again tomorrow. I gotta a little work on cars day goin on tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
It is very hard to remove this cluster. I will look at it again tomorrow. I gotta a little work on cars day goin on tomorrow.
being hard to remove it may be a good sign, dont forget that the clips in the back are what makes it difficult. You may want to remove those clips and just try fitting it into place and move it in/out to see if the displays go out. I know i gently pressed mine in and the cluster would go on/off. I was just testing to see how bright the leds were so i didnt want to fully install it because its a real pain to remove it, even with the coat hanger trick.

Im very certain your plugs are loose, if the cluster was damaged, the thing would rarely work and i doubt it would come back to life when u pressed it back in.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
It could be something inside the cluster itself that has started failing if the connections are nice and tight on the rear of the cluster.

I can get a good used cluster (If they still have it) from my local junkyard for like $20 if not less (I was quoted $20 for mine).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts