DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, it has been a while since i was last here. anyways i was driving one day and my gauges in my cluster started jumping. it started with the MPH gauge went it would jump down about 15 - 20 MPH then back to my speed. couple days later almost all the gauges where or have jumped around. i changed the fuse and that helped for a while, now it is back and worst. now all the gauges will die and my shifter light (has the sutostick feature) will go out too and i am also getting false warning lights (i know they are false cause they go out after a while or won't come on again after i restart the car). sometimes hitting the the cluster on the top right (if you are looking at it) will help and sometimes it won't do anything. any ideas?

*note* i noticed this after i hooked up my viper system disarm wire to my cars remote control receiver so it disarms my alarm on the car.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I think you have a similar problem to mine. Only thing is my speedo jumps around only and it usually isn't near the correct speed. I heard that the cluster is bad. But not 100 percent sure. I been just ignoring it for the past 4 years lol. Though it only usually happens on long trips. I been just using the tach as a reference to what speed i am going.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm. i have had a problem like that but my whole cluster seems to have a problem somewhere. a buddy of mine had a dodge truck and he said he had something like that happen with his cluster. he took it out and found some wires crossed. at least that is what he said, dout that was the problem but you never know. other then that he didn't give me any details.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine was doing the EXACT same thing. Got worse every day. Gauges went completely out and I got a set from the local salvage yard not knowing if that is what the problem was. Over 800 miles since I swapped it and working perfectly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you think my clust could be bad? cause it is only in the cluster that it happens. i have the message center but it doesn't give me fasle readings or anything.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, when i have my headlights or parking lights on, the lights do not go out in my cluster. just the gauges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts