DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 intrepid 3.3 that has sat for probably two or three months after putting in inner tie rod bushings. went to drive today and battery was dead so i put in a new one, while driving to work noticed the speedo, tach and radio are not working. radio comes on but no sound,oh yeh before i parked it i also put in a new bulb on the cluster, i think it twisted in. can someone help me with what to look for to fix these problems! it doesnt make sense, i guess sitting is bad for cars?:confused:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I know this might sound obvious, but check the fuses. But if its not that, check for shorts or folded wires. That happened in my lincoln and took me forever to realize what the problem was. And even worse, mine was a digital display so i had NO clue what was going on when I was driving, it was an estimate for a few days.

-Duncan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input but i figured it out this morning, when i replaced the bulb in the cluster the way i was holding it and laid it down let the needles slowly creep all the way round backwards, then u end up installing it and they r stuck behind the little stop at the bottom just happened to notice the needles were behind it this morning! hey by the way do u know of a amp on the infinity systems in this vehicle and wher its located ? isuspect it to be the culprit of no radio sound, no fuses blown unless there is another fuse box

·
9,861 Posts
There is an amp. The fuse for it is the same for the horn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thers a big possibility its bad because it was very distorted before i parked it but it used to work fine (car sits alot) now dosnt work at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts