DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen a thread on doing it from a trep to a lhs. has any one done this particular swap before of trep to a corde? i got the cluster out of a salvage yard. the plugs in back are both horizontal while i looked at a 96 corde in the yard the left side is vertical. is there way to tell which way you need to twist plug so all the electronics work correctly?do have to see on cutting hole or is there other option. don't want to fry some things because of an oops. just trying to be safe as this is my DD. (seems like I'm spending lot of time near the steering wheel as already have replaced both multifunction & ignition switch.) ideas hints
just doing this as a mod as factory one works fine. :talk01:

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
When you pull your cluster, look at how the keys are aligned compared to the Intrepid one - then rotate accordingly. A little thinking and it will work out fine - I don't think it will fit if you put the plug the wrong way.

Should drop right in after that.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
And CDm said, just rotate plugs accordingly, however IMO the LHS has the best looking font. The Corde and Vision had blocky numbers, the Intrepid full round gauges, and the LHS same style as vision, but classier style fonts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if i did it right attached back view of both trep and corde clusters. as you see the corde cluster plug on left side is farther over and turned. while the trep plugs are closer together. if you use the bracket on the bottom of the clusters ( upper left in pictures) as a reference you get an idea of amount the plug should be moved.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts