DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my stock cluster for an autostick cluster this morning. Haven't finished the rest of the mods for autostick yet but that's not related to my question.

I did the calibration test where you hold down the trip reset button and turn the key to the first position. My fuel gauge and speedo stopped at halfway mark on the second jump but my tach was way low and the temp gauge was way high...

I took it for a drive and the tach reads exactly the same as my old one at 100 km/h --- 2100 rpm, and my temp gauge registered what the old one did also.

My question is should I worry about trying to calibrate these since the seem to read the same as the old ones? Can any of you guys go out and see if your stock gauges actually all read halfway on the second jump of the test...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Wretched said:
I swapped out my stock cluster for an autostick cluster this morning. Haven't finished the rest of the mods for autostick yet but that's not related to my question.

I did the calibration test where you hold down the trip reset button and turn the key to the first position. My fuel gauge and speedo stopped at halfway mark on the second jump but my tach was way low and the temp gauge was way high...

I took it for a drive and the tach reads exactly the same as my old one at 100 km/h --- 2100 rpm, and my temp gauge registered what the old one did also.

My question is should I worry about trying to calibrate these since the seem to read the same as the old ones? Can any of you guys go out and see if your stock gauges actually all read halfway on the second jump of the test...

Thanks in advance
I've heard that you might have problems with shifting if you install an autostick cluster into a non autostick trep. Was it shifting correctly ??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shifted fine, except that all the shift posistion indicators are lit up at the same time, hopefully that will change once my TCM and shifter get here.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Wretched said:
It shifted fine, except that all the shift posistion indicators are lit up at the same time, hopefully that will change once my TCM and shifter get here.
Yeah it's probably not communicating right with the TCM , surprised it's shifting fine though..... does it jerk when going from Park to Drive ????

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Yeah it's probably not communicating right with the TCM , surprised it's shifting fine though..... does it jerk when going from Park to Drive ????
I haven't noticed, although I only did it this morning

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Wretched said:
I haven't noticed, although I only did it this morning
Where did you find a 2.7 TCM with the Autostick option ?????????? These are pretty rare since they only came in the ES trim where they opted for the 2.7 engine instead of the 3.2 or 3.5 .......

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Where did you find a 2.7 TCM with the Autostick option ?????????? These are pretty rare since they only came in the ES trim where they opted for the 2.7 engine instead of the 3.2 or 3.5 .......
There have been a few members on here that have done the swap using non-autostick TCM's. Unreal is one of them, he used a non-autostick TCM from an 01 and he says it works fine. 98 was the year with two different part numbers for with and without, so I have a 99 2.7 TCM on the way I got of ebay this morning. If that doesn't work, I have a line on one that is from a 2.7 Autostick car for $120 from a yard.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Wretched said:
There have been a few members on here that have done the swap using non-autostick TCM's. Unreal is one of them, he used a non-autostick TCM from an 01 and he says it works fine. 98 was the year with two different part numbers for with and without, so I have a 99 2.7 TCM on the way I got of ebay this morning. If that doesn't work, I have a line on one that is from a 2.7 Autostick car for $120 from a yard.
Better have that yard on the line, your gonna need it.

--Gorm

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gorm said:
Better have that yard on the line, your gonna need it.

--Gorm
Ha, Don't think so man.
Mabey you should wait for results before thinking you know everything.

Back to the point, this thread, and alomost every other thread that Gorm has hi-jacked from me was a question. The answer is, my calibration is fine, although my tach never was near the middle in the odometer button test, it reads dead on when compared to the scan tool. It's suprising how everyone could come and ***** about my autostick mod not going to work (which it did), but noone could go outside and press a button!

·
Registered
689 Posts
junkyard tcm

not sure if the junkyard TCM will work, you will need to burn the VIN into it and you can not reburn the VIN from another vehicle into a used BCM,PCM, or TCM, it becomes perm once burned. If you can use it you may come up with a comunication problem since it will not have your Vehicles VIN in it.
Tom

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
furyman67 said:
not sure if the junkyard TCM will work, you will need to burn the VIN into it and you can not reburn the VIN from another vehicle into a used BCM,PCM, or TCM, it becomes perm once burned. If you can use it you may come up with a comunication problem since it will not have your Vehicles VIN in it.
Tom

I am no way trying to act like an ass with all my arguing on DI.net latley, but I will not let misinformation go unchecked. the last post states a vin is permenent.....

I installed my TCM Saturday Aft/Night. Had my car hooked up to the DRBIII today (4 days later now), just to see what everything was looking like according to it.

Well acording to the TCM info screen: it said it was a 1999 TCM, it said "Autostick Learned", it listed it's part number, and the it listed the vin, ... the vin stored in the TCM already matched my vin, so there goes that theroy that vins are permenant and can't be changed, it was in there on it's own. Then we did a quick learn, which really just lets the TCM learn the CVI, or Clutch volume index, which someone else could probibly explain better then me, but it has to do with the shift quality.

We also checked for codes and there were none stored in any module in the car. (when I first installed my cluster, I had an ABS module fault in it, since I had no ABS module, see my thread on how to reset the cluster and get rid of the idiot lights)

That's all, don't hate me. Just trying to help yous all out.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I REALLY hate to bring up a War in a thread, BUT I have Autostick in my 2001 2.7 and NEVER changed the TCM. All I did was tap into the wires on the existing TCM. It shifts Perfect and even shows on the dash. I bought the TCM with the package, BUT NEVER installed it. Its from a 2.7 w/ autostick and if anyone wants it, I will be happy to sell it to them. Maybe I should start a new thread. ;)

EDITED: NEW THREAD HERE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts