DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got my 2000 Intrepid SE in 2003 as my first car. The exact car I wanted. I learned to drive in this thing and love it to death. Now, a few years later I'm showing symptoms of the modding bug and in the coming weeks I hope to get some really good upgrades for my Trep!

Mods:
- Alpine H/U with IPod connection in the glove compartment
- Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow

To-Do List:
- K&N Cold Air Intake 57 Series FIPK Generation II
- Bored out throttle body(?)
- Needs some body work for dents and dings inflicted by my first driving encounters (first blood as my dad calls 'em).
- Window tint
- Spoiler from Spoilerdepot.com
- Repainted taillights
- Black Diamond Headlights
- Painted badging
- Speaker upgrades (any suggestions???)
- Looking around for a nice looking set of black rims

Here's a few snapshots:

Alpine H/U

Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow

Sound bite of Flowmaster (taken at night with my crappy phone, but the sound is okay):
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

It currently has ~95k miles on it, but I'm going to keep this thing running as long as I can. Engine has already been fixed from when it crapped out, and I just had the timing belt replaced, alignment readjusted, and the transmission had a leak that was fixed (and the computer was reprogrammed).

·
Registered
723 Posts
Welcome.
Nice ride.
Don't waste your money on the Doc.
The "mod bug" is a somewhat rare (to the general public), incurable, insatiable, and sometimes fatal organism that invades your being beyond all else.
Accept it for what it is, resistance is futile.
You have entered the realm of the afflicted, sometimes outcast, but otherwise good folks with lots of info about the disease, to be shared by fellow infectees, without fear of persecution by others.
You are safe here.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!

I repainted my taillights and debadged the front and sides, as well as took off that nasty side molding. Also painted the part that says "Intrepid" gloss black.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update!

The Ram's head looked good from far away, but up close it looked way too ghetto, so I changed it. I like this better anyways. Makes the Intrepid badging really pop.

No trouble from cops, light shines through clear as day!

Some jerk keyed my car!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Nice car, you need to get some rims on there though. Welcome to the site, have fun and be good! ( ok, I know that's impossible, but try ok)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice car, you need to get some rims on there though. Welcome to the site, have fun and be good! ( ok, I know that's impossible, but try ok)
Be good? What's that mean? ;) And I plan on getting some black five spoke rims in the near future.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey i wanted to do the same thing with the tailights...

so u just took the cover off and sprayed them black?
Yeah. They just unscrew. Pull them out, tape off the parts you don't want to be painted, sand them down with some 2k grit sandpaper, clean them off again (you don't want any particles under the paint), and very VERY lightly apply a couple of coats of black paint, as evenly as you can. Wait for that to dry and then add a couple of coats of clear coat so that they're nice and shiny and weather-resistant. Wait a few hours for it all to dry, then pop them back on!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats a scary thing to tell someone that might not grasp the concept of "VERY lightly" lol.. (not meant to be personal toward SETrep in any way)......There is always nightshades instead of black paint ( way more forgiving..if only it didnt fade after about 8 months ).....with black paint there is a VERY VERY thin line between just right..and WAY TOO MUCH..lol I must give it to you though...yours looks great..and the black logo looks amazing bro .. If I still had my logo ..I just might have bit that mod from ya :redface:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kickin' ass and takin' names!

New subs and amp! 2 10" Sony Xplodes and a 2000 watt amp. Oh and a capacitor to handle it all.

To Do list:
AAS Body Kit (it's sitting in my garage right now)
True dual exhaust running to twin Flowmaster 40s. (Two weeks give or take)
17" Motegi Racing black five spoke rims (in the mail)
Eagle F1s
Black Diamonds (also in the mail)
JoeKD CAI (again, in the mailish)
Window tint (soon as I stop being lazy)
Sway bar
Infinity Reference speakers

1 - 20 of 46 Posts