DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on the other day on my 1997 Intrepid 3.3 I did the key on, key off method and got a code 21 - something related to the O2 sensor. So I take the car to Advanced Auto to have them run a scan on it to get a better idea of which O2 sensor. They gave me a printout that said: Hex Code 20 - No Definition Found. What's up with that? They told me take it to the dealer. Fat chance!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
k, apparently the people at AAP are freakin tools, ask for somebod who knwos what they're talking about, the OBDII scanner would tell them exactly what the P???? error code is and what it means

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
HEX Code 20 mean's : MIL Code # 21, Right Rear (or just) Upstream O2S Stays at Center. Neither rich or lean condition detected from the oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Strongt! Am assuming that means the passenger side O2 sensor in the exhaust before the catalytic converter needs replacing?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
if I read that correctly strongt, that could also mean one of the two upstream, correct?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
and BTW gofor, go back to AAP, ask for somebody who knows how to sue the OBDII scanner, the scanner should give a P???? code and even give a description (should say error in O2 sensor Bank ? Sensor ?).... if not, go to AZ, I know they have the OBDII scanners that gie descriptions

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Apcsox said:
if I read that correctly strongt, that could also mean one of the two upstream, correct?
Yeah, with out the OBD II P Code it's hard to pin down. The Hex Codes just give a general location, and what's wrong, the same as the MIL light.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Went to Auto Zone and got a code PO134 - O2 Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1. Located upstream on drivers side. Paid $70 for OEM Bosch. Coulda got one cheaper on the net but I was in the mood for some instant gratification.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New sensor installed. No problem with car on jack stands and a 7/8-inch open end wrench. Took it for a short drive and so far no check engine light.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
see, apparently the guy at AAP was a tool, that's the kind of code he shuld have got and should have been able to tell you right away which O2 sensor..... oh well, AAP's loss for hiring inept employees, good to know you fixed the problem!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gofor300 said:
Thanks guys! Went to Auto Zone and got a code PO134 - O2 Sensor Bank 1, Sensor 1. Located upstream on drivers side. Paid $70 for OEM Bosch. Coulda got one cheaper on the net but I was in the mood for some instant gratification.[/QUOTE Quick correction - meant to say passenger side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts