DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this code
1297- No change in MAP from start to RUN----No difference is recognized between MAP reading at engine idle and stored barametric pressure reading

could this cause the car to die when i come to a stop but run fine while driving? is this the map sensor? preciate any help

BTW where is the MAP on a 99 2.7?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the same code on my 2000 2.7. It runs great but when I give it gas around 35 mph it kinda surges a little. When I go through a drive through or stop at a red light it stalls sometimes, but not all of the time. Just enough to be enoying. I thought it was the cam sensor at first but now I think it's the map sensor also. It's on the driver's side of the intake manifold plenum. This pic is from the service manual.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strizay said:
I have the same code on my 2000 2.7. It runs great but when I give it gas around 35 mph it kinda surges a little. When I go through a drive through or stop at a red light it stalls sometimes, but not all of the time. Just enough to be enoying. I thought it was the cam sensor at first but now I think it's the map sensor also. It's on the driver's side of the intake manifold plenum. This pic is from the service manual.

Its not there i htink its in a different location the 02 and newer 2.7 has alot of changes to it and im guessing the map is one and the service manual is a 02. i looked and i dont see that sensor is shows in the pic anyone else belive this?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
Hey Jeff...here's a scan from my 1999 Powertrain manual. It shows the MAP sensor in the same place as above. On the upper manifold just behind and to the right of the thermostat housing. The sensor looks a little different but it's in the same location. I'm assuming you have a 1999 with a 2.7L. Hope that helps.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
Jeff....this might help for the MAP location rather than the drawings. This was the only pic of a 2.7 intake that I could find quickly. It's courtesy of Kcarlos2000 when his thermostat housing blew apart. I've circled in red the MAP sensor location on the upper intake. The yellow part is Keith's indicating the thermostat housing that fell apart.

Reactions: IntrepidCUB

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DUDE you are my hero LOL from the drawing i had no idea where it was thought it was on the driver side but its on the front of the engine almost. thanks ronbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts