DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya all.
I'm still plagued with my Daughter's 2002 Intrepid with a 2.7. with VIN ( 2B3HD46R02H192279 )

I'm pretty sure the O2 heater problem is gone, I replaced all the O-2 sensor's. The P0340 code has not came up in a long time. But the P0325 code is got me all worked up. When i built this engine i had no idea that the Knock sensor needed to be installed in the block and there is no freaking way i'm pulling the right head.

So i relocated the sensor to a bolt on the right side of the head and it worked there for a few month's and it's logging this 325 code now. I ran all the circuit test listed in the Chrysler powertrain diag. procedure book and all test show ok. There is no test to check the knock sensor voltage nor is there a ohm check for the knock sensor it's self.

I have a open circuit through the knock sensor and i can't believe there shouldn't be some resistance through it since the pcm has the wire at pin 25 of the C2 pcm connector labeled as knock sensor signal the pin 24 of C2 is the return.

If there is a problem with the knock sensor circuit i'm not seeing it with these test with out pulling the complete harness out and up wrapping it to see there the problem is.

There is suspost to be a reflash that will take care of some weird code condition's and i believe the bulletin number is, 18-015-09. I called my local dodge dealer and the service wrighter said it's 100$ to reflash with no garrentee that will fix it.

So i'm thinking the pcm is acting weard and i wonder if i can get a same year, model used pcm and install it?
I'v read about them being vin programmed and some thing about a special key. I did find this website that sell's reman pcm's that they will program in the vin and mileage. It's spoda be a drop in unit.

http://store.allcomputerresources.com/1994--2006-dodge-intrepid-engine-computer-ecu19942006.html

Also anyone know of a knock sensor simulator? If i had this to plug into the harness and test it then that would tell me the knock sensor is bad.

If i do have a intermittent wiring problem i think it would be easier to run a new set of wires from the pcm to the relocated knock sensor than pull the harness and inspect it. It's a 2 wire circuit according to the service manual's wiring diagram.

Tks in advance for any info that anyone can help me on.

C-ya Scott. Hudson CO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to throw this out.
I was trying to get away from installing the Knock sensor under the Right head. So i tied the knock sensor to a harness with it plugged in and connected.
That's when it logged the P0325. I even ran a Bat. Ground to it with no success.

So i bolted the sensor to the back of the right head and now no codes. I suspect that the Knock sensor HAS to pick to noise when the motor start's and then the PCM say's this is normal and any thing above this start up noise then we will take the required action.

I still don't understand how or why but over 100 miles the check engine light hasn't came on.

C-ya Scott.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
join the crowd,, ive replaced the knock senser on my 02 special twice, and one in a while it will pop the code,, for no reason,, in a few days it goes away, yea there is the flash for it,,, I dont know,,, as long as it passes inspection here , im not gonna worry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts