DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Trep SE w/ the 2.7 and I've been having intermittant problems w/ starting and several times when its died off while driving. The engine light comes on when this happens and wondered if the error codes I got coinsides w/ the problems I've had, or could it be something else? I went ahead and bought a camshaft position sensor from Checkers for $50 and want to change it, anyone know where it is & would it be easier to have a shop change it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
ridingsc said:
I have an 04 Trep SE w/ the 2.7 and I've been having intermittant problems w/ starting and several times when its died off while driving. The engine light comes on when this happens and wondered if the error codes I got coinsides w/ the problems I've had, or could it be something else? I went ahead and bought a camshaft position sensor from Checkers for $50 and want to change it, anyone know where it is & would it be easier to have a shop change it?

its on the right side if timing cover at the top.you have to loosen the intake plenum and lift up on it slightly to pull out the senser wich is atatched with a 10mm bolt.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the replies guys, I really appreciate it :). I've bought a camshaft position sensor and am ready to change it, can anyone suggest an decent OBD 2 tool that'll clear the error codes once I'm done changing the part. Or, do I need something else to clear the error codes?

Thx again guys,
Charles
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
01 2.7L SE Error Code 0340 AND "dieing"

Hi ALL. Good info. and pics as well. The part is probably JUST what I need for my issues...read on please.

I just bought an 01 2.7L SE and get the same 0340 code. Something about the "computer is not receiving a signal from the crankshaft". I also have just recently had my Trepid die while warming up..and just yesterday while driving.

Did / does anyone know IF this CPS sensor replacment helped solve the issues of dieing and alleviate the eng light and error codes from returning for you??

AND...when my Trepid "dies"...no codes register. It usually occurs within the first 3 miles of driving from start up.

To clear the codes:...I believe AutoZone will clear the codes for you...for free. I have not been there YET...but I have the same Eng Light issue (since this morning again!)

All else fails..do what the used car dealer would (sorry but it's true)...disconnect the neg. battery terminal cable for approx. 4 to 5 min.

HELP. ANy resolution to this would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts