DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its been about four years since I put the civic intake on my car and I never got around to running it down the fender or even making a heat shield. Since I was way too bored tonight I grabbed some old parts that were lying around and created this...

I need to clean up the vac lines and create a bracket for the lower end of the PCM but it was getting late. Keep in mind this is only version one, there are already some changes in the works. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stay away from the puddles? I honestly dont worry about it much but if you are worried you can make a splash shield to go in front of the filter.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
looks great chewie, Nice and clean! I think i'm gonna have to reconstruct mine. The filter hangs down below the front bumper so far you can see it standing 6ft away from the car.. I love your idea on the brackets! great work, as usual!

Xpid

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you should mention the brackets, they are just aluminum angle that I cut into sections and drilled holes in. but I had a problem with the PCM because I would have had to run a nut and bolt through it but that would have been such a pain so I ran a bolt through the bracket and put a jam nut on it so now all I have to do is slide the PCM in place, drop the nut on, and tighten it down. It took me a few minutes to figure that one out ..but its almost easy now! Next time I get a day off I'm going to clean up the brackets more, get them to look less like I made them in 10 mins at 10pm. I'm also going to run new lines for the evap because the plastic ones just dont fit any more and they are still in the way of future mods. and of course I'll be installing a heat shield. but not just any heat shield...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Looks good but can you hear it inside?

I left my filter cone resting on the stock airbox .

nice noise(music) inside.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I cant hear my intake very well over my exhaust heh, mainly cause my exhaust is cut off right behind the pre-cats. but right before i hear my exhaust rumble i can hear the intake suck all the air out of the sky... :p

·
Registered
723 Posts
Does look good, but tight like mine.
Got any ideas on the PCM/Evap. can re-locate?
I've got a couple.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been trying to find another place to put the evap can but I'm not sure yet. Nothing seems to work exactly how I want it.

I've always been able to hear it at least a little but I can hear it just a little bit more now. Usually only in the first few hundred rpm before the exhaust masks it.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I've been trying to find another place to put the evap can but I'm not sure yet. Nothing seems to work exactly how I want it.

I've always been able to hear it at least a little but I can hear it just a little bit more now. Usually only in the first few hundred rpm before the exhaust masks it.
have you seen what I did with my evap can?

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did you run the lines to the evap can? I can see the plastic ones are still there but I cant tell how they get to the can.

I only have one problem with putting the can where you did ...and you'll find out what that is later on.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Phil, did you have to lengthen the PCM cabling to get it over there ?
And for some reason than can looks smaller, maybe my old eyes are going.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Ill speak for phil, no he didn't add onto the connectors. If i'm correct phil had the OBD I intrepid where chewie and i have the OBD II the wires for the OBD I might be longer or easier to move compaired to the OBD II.

I just unhooked the wiring harness from the "frame" and a couple other places so it was easier to move and had some play. It was hard but easy at the same time, just takes being in the right state of mind i guess, hell maybe it is just me.

This mod is truthfully extremely simple. As long as you have some zipties :biggrin: and the piping it dont take more than 30 min to start and finish..

Xpid

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
How did you run the lines to the evap can? I can see the plastic ones are still there but I cant tell how they get to the can.

I only have one problem with putting the can where you did ...and you'll find out what that is later on.
I cut the plastic tubes to the evap can and extended them with small vinyl tubing. The PCM I just flipped around and pushed to the side, I disconnected some of the plastc anchors that secured the wiring to it to get more play..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts