DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any places on the internet that I could get a good cold air intake for a good price. It is for a Intrepid 2001 2.7L Thanks. Oh by the way, I love my new car.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Take good care of it and ONLY use synthetic fluids. Mobile 1 for oil and ATF4 for the tranny and it will keep you happy. PM JoeKD, a site administator, for a J-Intake!

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Yep...use synthetic and a good filter.

You can build your own intake (like I did), or buy it from Joe Just FYI, it will cost you nearly as much to build your own (just under $200) as it will to buy if from Joe if you use the same or similar materials. He doesn't make a whole lot off his intakes. I built my own (with advice from Joe) purely for the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Here's mine without the heatshield in place...

·
Registered
285 Posts
In2Deep said:
I built my own (with advice from Joe) purely for the satisfaction of doing it myself.
Your intake it freakin SICK! I like how it has one clean line. Nice work

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Thank you! I do have to say that Joe's the one that REALLY deserves the credit though! My intake is merely a modified version of his design.

I do appreciate the props! ...I just like to give credit where credit is due! :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
In2Deep said:
Thank you! I do have to say that Joe's the one that REALLY deserves the credit though! My intake is merely a modified version of his design
in that case let me give credit to the original intake designer Steve Lister (gr8wht) I have made a few changes along the way but he was the man who dedicated long hours to making the original intakes for our motors

·
Registered
285 Posts
In2Deep said:
Fair enough! :beerchug: Cheers to both of ya! :)
Agreed.

So where would one get this version of the JoeKD, gr8wht, In2Deep intake setup? The good old tax returns are just around the corner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
01_RT said:
Agreed.

So where would one get this version of the JoeKD, gr8wht, In2Deep intake setup? The good old tax returns are just around the corner.

In2Deep posted the link for you in his post with the pics.

·
Registered
285 Posts
satanskitten said:
In2Deep posted the link for you in his post with the pics.
The JoeKD intake looks different than In2Deep's intake. I was referring to In2Deep's version of the intake.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'm interested in buying one for my 2.7.... from what I've heard it will give me about a 10 hp increase. Is that about right? Also, how is the noise level compared to stock?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
hey allt his talk about intakes makes s 3.3 first genners hate eeryone else !!!!!

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
01_RT said:
The JoeKD intake looks different than In2Deep's intake. I was referring to In2Deep's version of the intake.
The only difference is that I eliminated the "hump connector" from my design and plumbed the breather directly through the wall of the main intake tube. I also used a different filter (part number....still K&N), but not really a huge difference...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't know about the HP increase since all my ponies never showed up on my 3.5ltr H.O SXT yet...but does the JoeKd ever sound sweet and so much better....I love the workmanship and dedication of this unit I received. Would always recomend as well as thanks apparently to gr8wht for the help as well. Thanks Joe keep up the GREAT WORK on these for use treppies who benifit from these.
STBEAR007

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rezton Air Intake

i also got one of those REZTON air intakes and it worked like a charm
you can email them at cartoka.com at cartoka.com and they will customize a package for you. Im happy with them. I also got an HID kit from them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just installed on of Joe's J-intakes (with K&N cone and heat shield) on my car today. Sweet. It feels stronger, especially in the 1800-2400 RPM range. I turned up the radio so I wouldn't be influenced by the distinctive intake whoosh/howl the new system makes when you floor it. Anyway, I highly recommend the J-Intake. It installed with simple tools and all the components are there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts